“X” next to foreign language placement exam?

I am an incoming business student for the class of ‘25. I saw that in my NSC checklist that I have an “X”next to my Foreign Language Placement Exam. It’s to my understanding that with my two years of Spanish in high school, I would not be applicable for this test. Should I be worried that an X is next to the exam instead of a green check?

@fallishere2613 are you in the 2nd year of Spanish currently? Maybe they need final transcript to verify?
If not, I would contact TAMU-maybe office of Admissions??- and ask them directly.

I don’t think it has anything to do with your high school courses. It says “if applicable” next to it. When you open the link for the test, it says,

Students who intend to enroll for the first time in a college foreign language course, who have previous knowledge of the language, however acquired, and who have no college credit in the language MUST take a placement test to determine the appropriate course for their level of ability.

My son is not taking a foreign language (at least not at this time). He has an X next to the test, but I don’t think it matters since he is not enrolling in a course.