Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yup, me too. It’s impossible for all 3 of us to get in, but I hope that the most deserving candidate gets the spot. Or, it would be amazing if there’s an exception and we all have a nice meal in Yale’s campus together
Hoping to get in!!

4 Likes

Welp. This is it. Had to go test-optional due to factors out of my control despite an otherwise superb application. Hopefully, it doesn’t bite me in the butt…good luck everyone.

3 Likes

Looking at my Snapchat memories from a year ago today and it’s just a compilation of me balling my eyes out over my acceptance. I wish all of you could have that experience but remember that if you don’t, that means that’s not where you’re meant to be. And the path you end up on is the one chosen for YOU!! Don’t be discouraged!!

2 Likes

Did anyone get a likely letter from Yale?

No, but stop stressin’ us out right now. :smiley:

1 Like

I thought they were just for regular decision, I am not 100% sure though.

1 Like

They only give likely letters in the early round to athletes

3 Likes

you’re right. Thank you.

did anyone submit SAT under 1500?

waiting nervously too! i was able to take the ACT in September (super lucky with all the cancellations) and got a 34, but no SAT II Subject tests

1 Like

@lucasipo I submitted literally zero examinations (No SAT or SAT II) if that counts for your question lol

just curious: did they move on-campus interviews online? or did they just cancel those and make all interviews conducted alumni ones?

I also went test optional. Do you think test optional kids are at a disadvantage?

I think they moved it online. I was interviewed over Zoom by a current student.

I don’t think so. I mean I literally could not take the SAT/SATII even if I wanted to, got unlucky. Was getting 1570-90 consistently on practice exams. The rest of my application is strong, imo. I don’t think I will be at a disadvantage or at least hope now since there was nothing I could do about it. :frowning:

1 Like

Well good luck! I suppose we’ll both know tonight what the outcome is…

1 Like

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

I would like to think there is no disadvantage since this year was so unprecedented, but I am unsure. I hope this year they take a very holistic view of each applicant. Best of luck to all!

I don’t think so, because they would just be shooting themselves in the foot by doing so. If they favor the kids simply because they could get to a school to take a test, they aren’t gonna get as good of a class as usual due to limiting themselves

Only 3 more hours - the suspense is killing me and I’m just a parent. Good luck to all of you and don’t be down hearted if you don’t get in. You have many amazing colleges in the US to choose from if things don’t work out. My daughter has applied from the UK, we were not able to visit campus this year but hopefully 2021 will be better.

3 Likes