Yale Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

true ig lol, I just think it causes so much unnecessary stress

2 Likes

I think everyone should just stay calm about it!

In the “My Personal Information” tab, does everyone just have a “Permanent Address”? All of my portals have that and a mailing address.

Do you guys have just one address, or do you have two?

I only have my “Permanent Address” there

1 Like

What did having one vs two addresses signify in the past?

I have both mailing & permanent. Curious if the mechanism’s similar to that of Stanford.

I’m not sure about Yale, but from my December experience with Stanford REA, I think one of the addresses (probably the mailing one) disappeared for those that got rejected because it’s of no use. However, the change had been made only a few minutes before decision, so I don’t think you should be worried; it may not be an indicator at all at this moment.

Correction: for those that got rejected, their addresses (both of them) disappeared.

Hmm can you post a screenshot (with your name and address blanked out, of course)?

Both addresses are the same by the way

1 Like

What was the stanford portal astrology last year?

Guessing I got rejected then. My portal only displays the permanent.

This is pure speculation.

Stanford REA:
Address = Accepted
Address + Update Info. = Deferred
Neither = Rejected

Damn this could be some indication of accept/waitlist vs. reject.

This sucks :frowning:

Was that only for REA?

As an applicant myself, I would hope it’s good news and it does seem major a difference; however, I think it’s too early to definitively conclude anything. Keep your hopes up!

2 Likes

I don’t think it was only for REA; pretty certain the previous year’s RD shared the same astrology except there were people being waitlisted instead of being deferred (obviously).

So when I click “change address,” it shows that I only have one entry, but the dropdown menu allows me to switch between mailing and permanent.

When you click “change address,” do you see “Address #1” and “Address #2” or only #1?

Then there seems to be no further serious convos to be shared; I too can freely switch between addresses and ofc add/delete. Sorry if I scared you too much XD

No worries! We’re just applicants psyching ourselves out needlessly hahaha

I’m fairly certain that having one address suffices, as “mailing address” would only need to be specified if it were different from the permanent address (e.g., a P.O. box or post office).

Gonna log out of this website until decisions are released haha no point in engaging in any more portal astrology.

1 Like