Yale Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yale University offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Yale is November 1.

Single-Choice Early Action: November 1.
Learn more about Single-Choice Early Action »

QuestBridge National College Match: November 1.
Learn more about Applying Through QuestBridge »

(Source)

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 15. For more information visit the Yale University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Yale applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Yale University? Why Yale? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Yale topics visit the yale-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Yale Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

4 Likes

Anyone else out there? Is there another Yale SCEA thread for this year out there? It seems very quiet (especially compared to last year)! Did many people apply early this year? Get an interview? Am I even posting in the right place?

1 Like

Hey another REA applicant here, I’m wondering this too! Yale just released their EA data two days ago:

Blockquote
Aspiring members of the class of 2026 sent 7,313 early action applications to Yale this fall, the second largest in Yale’s history.

This year’s pool only fell behind last year, when the Office of Undergraduate Admissions read 7,939 early applications. This year’s application pool is about eight percent smaller than last year’s cohort, and 27 percent larger than 2019. First generation college students, international students and underrepresented racial or ethnic groups bucked this trend, rising in both 2020 and 2021.

Blockquote

2 Likes

Sorry the format was messed up :((

Thanks for this data. Was hoping it would have dropped back to 2019 given the quiet forum and the fact that so many in our area seem to be applying ED to targets rather than SCEA to reaches after what some refer to as the “blood bath” of last year. Ah well. We’ll see how it all shakes out. Good luck!

Hi! I’m another Yale EA applicant-- there are more people talking on A2C. Have you guys gotten interviews yet? I’m domestic and haven’t, and I’m wondering if it means anything since I don’t think I’m auto-reject.

i’m domestic and i just got my interview request two days ago, and the actual interview is scheduled for Saturday November 27. so, interviews are still trickling out—and i wouldn’t worry anyway if you don’t get one.

1 Like

Just had interview the other day. I do know some interviewers only got their list this past week, so I agree w/ inflorescent that they may still be trickling out.

No word on an interview yet…

Several questions to try to create more activity!

• For those of you that have interviewed or been contacted for an interview, is it through Zoom OR in-person?

• Where is everyone geographically located?

• Are you in a public, private day or boarding school?

• Did you apply with or without scores?

• Has anyone heard how many from last year deferred admission to fall 2022?

1 Like

Here are some answers to your questions!
Zoom interview, about 45min
Mid-Atlantic
Public (magnet program)
With 1570
No idea!

Where are you Bulldog? Did you apply w/ scores?

my interview is actually going to be in person this upcoming weekend. i’m from New England, I go to a competitive public school (10-15 kids to ivies a year), and I applied with a low 1500 SAT score

Last year 3,999 were deferred to RD. 837 were admitted early and about 3500 were outright rejected. Less applicants this year should mean better acceptance rate as presumably EA admissions will be at least as large,

D just got interview today for this weekend. It seems some interviewers were not contacted until this week and are just setting up now.

Hi, another Yale applicant, applied engineering school, located in Asia. Has any internationals got a signal on the interview?

I think most interviews will be through Zoom or some other video chat platform but I’ve also seen a couple whose interviewer suggested in-person.

hey everyone! here’s some answers to your questions bulldog86!

• no interview yet
  • midwest
  • private
  • high sat score, no act

when did everyone submit their yale applications? i submitted mine through the common app on october 20. i’m wondering if maybe the interviews are coming out in the order they got applications?

1 Like

There have been two batches; before November 22 and after that day, with respective report deadlines on December 1 and 8. So probably safe to assume some will still be set up next week after Thanksgiving in order for interviewers to be able to make the December 8 deadline.

1 Like

We are actually required to do all interviews remotely. Anyone going in person is not following the rules and would be an exception.

1 Like

if my interviewer scheduled an in person interview with me (we both live in the same small town), will I be somehow penalized? he contacted me via phone, not email, so I don’t have a direct way to reach him, and it’s in two days, so I don’t want to reschedule so abruptly.