Yale Eli Whitney Program 2022

Is anyone else applying to the Eli Whitney Students Program this year? I thought I’d start the forum since I couldn’t find one for this year.

3 Likes

I am! Have you submitted your app yet?

Me! I didn’t know that they offer full financial aid so I decided to try. I’m having the hardest time with the essays because they’re so short! I already wrote essays for other programs I applied to and I worked really hard on but it’s like 2000 words so condensing it is difficult. I’m hoping to submit it soon!

I did not. Im working on my essays. Will most likely submit my application on March 15th.

Same. Working on editing them now. Good luck to everone!

1 Like

Hello, I am here. I submitted it.

1 Like

I am submitting mine today. Goodluck to everyone.

1 Like

Hello everyone… I also submitted my application on 13th march. Im from 24y from Nepal btw.

1 Like

Is anyone else’s checklist still empty even after sending the materials?

Has anyone of you gotten the link to submit the StandOut interview?

I see checkmarks and “received” under the Status column. I have one that says “awaiting” but that’s because the school hasn’t processed that transcript yet. Hope that’s helpful.

Stand out interviews will be sent out by Yale to applicants in early April. Yale’s website state’s.

@Lukegucio can you share the link where it says so?

It seems like the page was not loading. Here it is:
https://admissions.yale.edu/eli-whitney-students-program-admissions-application-instructions-forms

Interviews
StandOut interviews: All applicants to the Eli Whitney Students Program will be invited in early April to participate in an optional interview via StandOut, an online video interview platform. StandOut provides applicants access to record and submit video responses to interview questions for inclusion in the Eli Whitney Students Program application. StandOut interviews allow applicants an opportunity to share their perspectives and experiences beyond what is noted in their applications. Completing a StandOut interview is entirely optional. Applicants who do not submit StandOut interviews will not be negatively affected in the application review.
Virtual interviews: After a preliminary review of completed applications, the Admissions Office offers virtual interviews to a small number of Eli Whitney applicants. These virtual interviews are scheduled with admissions officers during the end of April and early May.

Hey guys! Fellow EWS applicant here.

Everything’s been quiet for me thus far on the portal… I did have to call the transfer Admissions office about a transcript question and the woman mentioned that if anything else was needed, like a mid-term report or something, they’d start reaching out early April.

So, that matches what the portal was saying about the interviews

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
Do you have every document already processed in the portal?

My final document has been processed 3 days ago.

Hello everyone,

Just received my standout interview invitation.

Same

1 Like

Same

1 Like