Yale Transfer - Eli Whitney Program Fall 2023

Hi everyone! I wanted to create a thread for the Eli Whitney Students Program (EWSP) as I haven’t found any. I am applying for Fall 23 as a transfer student. Anybody else on the same boat?

2 Likes

just sent in my application yesterday! good luck y’all fingers crossed we all get in :smiley:

Do you mind sharing if the Eli Whitney program is your top choice? It is for me. I cannot find many other programs like this one for non trad students

Yes, Eli Whitney is definitely my top choice! I’ve also applied to Brown & Columbia’s nontraditional programs, but Yale definitely has the best program out of the three for me. I also grew up in Connecticut so being near family and friends a plus :grin:

1 Like

I just got waitlisted for Brown RUE, I got rejected two years ago so at least I am trending upward lol.

woah how did you get your result so quickly?

It is rolling for veterans, but I wonder if they “waitlist” all vets as a feel-good. lol I submitted all of my apps in December.

oooh okay that makes sense, at least its nice to know early! waiting until may is straight up going to kill me I think :upside_down_face:

You will do fine, the one thing I have learned going through a couple of these is that you did everything you could. You will grow so much from this; you will be so excited and scour the internet for any detail. You will stress endlessly and imagine what life is like walking down the cobblestone path and in the end, you will be somewhere that truly sees your gifts.

1 Like

Considering sending in my application, but I am concerned I have not done enough with my life.

Quick Stats

• 29 years old
  • Obtained a GED
  • Out of school for 6.5 years
  • Failed out first time (undiagnosed bipolar)
  • Institutional GPA 4.0 / 56 credits
  • Spent those 6.5 years as an EMT, a very successful salesperson, guardian to my little sister, and as a volunteer of several organizations with seats on committees relevant to my major.
  • Working for the college and as a tutor for the county while living with my wife and supporting my younger sister-in-law that just turned 18.

Naturally I am in leadership positions in clubs and in honors, but I suppose that we all are.

I will most likely submit the application as I do not want any lingering regrets. Hopefully we all get in and can meet in-person to laugh about this one day in the future.

Anyone read this Yale Daily News article from last year, “Yale welcomes largest-ever cohort of Eli Whitney students”? Based on this quote;

“University President Peter Salovey also emphasized the importance of bolstering Yale’s number of nontraditional students in two separate emails, one in October 2021 and one in October 2020.”

it seems like they’re trying to accept more nontrads, so that’s good for all of us! :grin: It also has the acceptance rate, around 10% so that’s also good info to have

1 Like

Hi
Did anyone get an invite for the interview?
When can we expect to hear for an interview?

1 Like

the website says end of April to early May so we’ve still got a while

1 Like

Received the StandOut interview request today.

1 Like

same! are standout interviews sent to all applicants?

Yes

Received an email for the second interview. Anyone else?

1 Like

No, I haven’t received an invitation for interview yet (hopefully).

1 Like

Good luck!

Thank you! Has anyone else received interview offer?

2 Likes