Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

Applying to Yale University in 2022? This is a space for the members of the class of 2026 to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

2 Likes

well this is a bit quiet, but hi !! i was wondering if anyone who applied scea has gotten an interview?

Yes

1 Like

i haven’t

Has it happened? Was it more of a conversation? Or, a true interview? Do share! :blush:

It was very pleasant conversation. Just be yourself :blush:

1 Like

oh that’s awesome! when did you have your interview? i haven’t gotten one yet and i’m a bit worried since it’s getting close to mid-december
(but then again if i don’t get an interview i’d be okay with that too haha, less stress on my part)

Interviews are irrelevant to admission to Yale. You should have no concern regarding one

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Is Yale offering interviews to RD applicants for Fall22? My daughter applied on dec 20th but haven’t received any interview call yet. Not sure if everyone can request one or its initiated by Yale admissions. Please advise. Thank you

Yale is interviewing for RD’22. Applicant names are sent to regional offices to distribute to alumni interviewers. The first batch from my region just went out this week, but they’ll come in piecemeal through the end of February.

There are more applicants than interviewers, so even with the ability to do virtual interviews from anywhere, some people may not get an interview. Just make sure your daughter checks her email daily.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Appreciate your quick response.

I got an interview request yesterday.

1 Like

Congratulations and good luck for your interview!

Thank you so much! I actually had it today—I think it went pretty well.

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

What kind of questions were you asked? Also, what state/region are you in?

I was also interested in knowing the region, it would just help getting an idea if my daughter should expect an interview.

I’m from Indiana but I attend school about 15 minutes from Yale in Connecticut.

I was asked a general overview of myself, what classes I’m taking, what I do outside of class, etc. It was a very specific conversation as my interviewer and I have a lot of overlap.

2 Likes