Yale University Admissions Fall 2022

Same here, no interview but daughter was lucky to receive interviews from some other schools.

2 Likes

We have an interview this week. I believe contact was on Friday, so its not over quite yet. Interviewer was flexible with times but said it must be by the end of this week. I also saw somewhere (can’t remember which Ivy) something suggesting March 1st as the end of the interviewing period. I also know several Cornell kids having their interviews this week, with legacy RD kids having had them a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

No interview either :frowning: Legacy, 1540 SAT, very good extracurricular activities. I’m not sure if this is a good or a bad sign, as it seems applicants admissions already have enough information on don’t get interviews. Whether or not I’m more likely to be on the accepted side of things I have no idea. I can only hope

1 Like

My daughter has not gotten an interview either. I contacted Admission and they said that interviews depend on alumni availability. Still hoping to get one.

1 Like

Got an interview request today; scheduled it for Friday.

6 Likes

S22 had an alumni interview on Feb 8th. We are from the west coast to anyone wondering.

1 Like

He applied RD as well.

S22 got an interview email on 3/1. Interviewer suggested times later this week or early next. So looks like they’re still aggregating info into next week. We are in VA.

4 Likes

I’m also from Arizona and I haven’t interviewed yet.

My daughter either. Not sure if she will be interviewed.

Is there any confirmation on Ivy day as yet?

Yes - 3/31. It’s been on the application portal for many weeks now.

1 Like

Thanks. Just saw. 3/31, 7pm eastern.

2 Likes

I got an email today asking me to submit the rest of my financial aid. Did anyone else get this?

2 Likes

Oh, the email says:

"We understand that you have applied for admission to Yale and have also indicated that you plan to apply for need-based financial aid. We are in the process of reviewing all financial aid applications for completeness and accuracy. As of today, we have not received all the documents necessary to complete your financial aid application and we encourage you to work with your family to submit required materials soon.

You may review application requirements via your financial aid checklist available in your Yale admission portal.

Your Student Identification number (Yale ID), noted above, should be included in any correspondence. Please note that it is different than the Yale record ID associated with your application for admissions at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

If you have any questions or need assistance with your financial aid application, or if you have decided not to apply for need-based aid, please reach out to the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid."

Any thoughts? The only documentation I’m missing is my stuff for my non-custodial parent, but I’ve submitted a non-custodial parent waiver request.

I’m not sure, I didn’t get any email because all my financial aid documents have been submitted, but it’s fairly standard that fin aid and admissions are separate offices (especially after the lawsuit).

Call them and see what they think they are missing

1 Like

Def, I had to call Claremont regarding my financial aid documents that were missing because they sent me a similar email

But in terms of admissions it doesn’t mean anything because Yale is need-blind and the offices are kept separate from one another

https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■/the-ivy-coach-blog/college-admissions/2-reasons-need-blind-admissions-farce/