Yay!

<p>
[quote]
how does your daughter like Howard?</p>

<p>I have been accepted there, and plan to go visit sometime in March. But I haven't really been in contact with a lot of students who currently go there. Anything she absolutely can't stand about HU (other than the administation office, haha)? What sold her on going to the school?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>My mom went to Howard and she was extremely upset by the experience she had there. They apparently delayed review of her graduate thesis for FIVE years! Citing a lack of qualified staff. Needless to say, she was not very happy with them.</p>

<p>I actually did not apply to Howard, despite that I'm a double legacy there (mother and grandfather); however, my sister did. My sister liked it because she knew she wanted to go to an HBCU and she loves DC (where my mom's side of the family lives). But after getting her acceptances, she decided on Spelman because Howard was a bit too close to home (we live in Maryland). Now my sister is back in DC for law school (at Georgetown) and she is really happy she went away for college and came "home" for grad.</p>

<p>I love this forum :) ^^ My cousin went to Howard, then she went to Princeton for Grad school [ theology].</p>

<p>Another parent here...I'm obviously late...but dear God I'm here!!</p>

<p>Hello friends. I just might get hooked on CC again. Now that D is a freshman, and S is only a high school soph, I'm not heavily into Admissions Mode, but I had forgotten how much fun this is.</p>

<p>Welcome awkward! Hey! We need to have a "One a freshman in college and next is a sophomore in HS thread"! Three years is the perfect interval you know!( well, IMHO). My kids are 3 years apart, almost to the day!! ... Not that either was actually planned....</p>

<p>Can AA alums post here lol?</p>

<p>^Best kind! Wait...what do you mean?</p>

<p>I'm an alum of BC. I just finished in December. Class of 2008/9!</p>

<p>I thought that's what you meant, then I thought, hey! I'm in AA alum too!</p>

<p>randomngrandeur- Cool! I wanna go there badly! Its tied for first place with Brown for mee : )</p>

<p>I'm hoping I can get through the OTE program, because of my low SAT's : (</p>

<p>Anyway, first 1/4 German /Haitian to be on here!</p>

<p>p.s. I don't count my german descent too much but my grandfather says I should be proud (lol), I speak a little bit though. Just simple sentences. I'm Haitian at heart (lol). </p>

<p>Viel Gluck! (Good Luck!)</p>

<p>"One a freshman in college and next is a sophomore in HS thread"</p>

<p>Wow, that describes my brother and me. He wants to transfer to Howard...</p>

<p>woohoo
first biracial filipina/black person!
yay me!
lol
; ]]</p>

<p>agenalay- cool mix! i never heard that one before. & I thought I was weird for being Haitian & part German lol.</p>

<p>^^ My cousins are part German too.</p>

<p>yay! Im not the only one! : )
sweet!</p>

<p>superwoman: where do you live? becuz here in cali its pretty common lol</p>

<p>really ? hmm, thats cool. i live in Boston, MA. ive never been to the west side before, i kinda wish i applied to UCLA but im too scared to go that far away from home lol.</p>

<p>lol yeah jaja i know i didnt even apply out of state lol</p>