yes another chances..

<p>i know this gets annoying but it will be greatly appreciated..tech is my number 1 pick i will be applying this fall :)</p>

<p>ok here goes:
GPA: UW 4.0 W 4.4 or 4.5
white female from richmond, VA
i know these are a little low SAT: 1180/1750
breakdown: math:620 verbal:560 writing:570
ECs: Marching band 4 years, concert band 4 years, all district and all county band 4 years, president of SNHS, Beta, Track 1 year, JV basketball 1 year, varsity tennis 2 years, mu alpha theta secretary, band assitant section leader</p>

<p>i am mostly worried about my SAT scores and am debating whether i should take them again in october...however I want to apply ED and don't know if this would be cutting it too close..how hard is it to make it into architecture i still don't know if I am interested..Help please</p>

<p>I'll end the debate for you real quick, take the SATs again. If you do well you'll probably be in. Study for it, a lot, and if your grades are any indication you'll get a good score. Architecture is VERY hard to get in to and VERY hard to do. I'm an engineer and it's pretty well accepted (among the engineers) that the only major that works more/harder is architecture.</p>

<p>I agree with chuy and recommend you take the SATs again in Oct. Go to B & N this summer while you have time and purchase one of the practice books. Set aside 30/45 minutes a day to study- it will be so worthwhile! You will need to rush the scores to VT if you intend to apply ED so they get them in time, but it can work. It is a male dominated field/major so being a female may give you a boost, but like chuy said it is tough to get into. We heard that last year they had over 1000 kids apply to CAUS and 100 were admitted. </p>

<p>If you are really interested in architecture there are a couple of other sites that have quite a bit of great information on the field: Archinect</a> - Making Architecture More Connected (since 1997) and the "college majors" link for architecture here on CC has some very helpful architect students/practitioners who post frequently. Good luck to you- you can do it! :)</p>

<p>thanks guys :) oh i forgot to mention that in the 9th grade i only had two out of a possible 4 classes that i took honors and in the 10th grade i took 3 out of 4 honors .. :/ will this hurt me and how would my chances be if i didn't apply to the school of architecture</p>

<p>No your classes won't hurt you. You took a very challenging curriculum and excelled in it, even if it wasn't the absolute most challenging curriculum. Your GPA is, from VT's standpoint, as good as it could possibly be. If you don't apply for architecture then your admissions chances depend on what you do apply for. Engineering is harder to get in to. My advice would be not to worry too much about your chances until after you know what your new SAT scores are. Until then it's barely more than a guess.</p>

<p>thanks again also what would be a good SAT score to aim for the next time around?</p>

<p>you should be alright....i got in w/ a GPA of 3.26 at the time of application and the same SAT score more or less 1180/1770 - 590 in all 3 sections...but by all means take it again and if there's time take one of the courses to prepare you for it (kaplan, princeton review, etc.)...i also had less extra curricular activities...you look like a pretty competitive student i don't doubt that you will get in</p>