Yesway Or Noway TRANSFERRR?????

<p>K many students transfer majors during their college time, at purdue how can you transfer majors? if you are in one dept can you transfer to engr? since the first two years are most common classes where everyone takes (general ed classes) is it possible to transfer to engr? if you get good grades and get some professor recs can you transfer to the college of engineering?</p>

<p>I am not a student and don't have the definitive answer, but I know that unlike students in the other colleges at Purdue, all Engineering students take the "First-Year Engineering Program" (not general ed classes) only after which do they specialize and specify which engineering discipline they want to pursue. (First-year courses listed here.) There are instructions for students who want to apply to change majors (CODO = Change of Degree Objectives) into the First-Year Engineering Program [url=<a href="http://www.purdue.edu/vpss/codo/engineering/eng.php%5Dhere%5B/url"&gt;www.purdue.edu/vpss/codo/engineering/eng.php]here[/url&lt;/a&gt;]. There are some very specific requirements on grades required in specific classes, so take a careful look. When we were on campus, we were told it was very difficult to transfer into the College of Engineering if you weren't accepted there to begin with.</p>

<p>see this is the thing when i applied in october my sat scores werent high, when i re-took them my math and overall score significantly went up. so right now im in EET my parents dont want me to be there, so if I want to go into the college of engineering do i take these required classes or the classes required by the college of technology dept? what classes should i take? because i think i wasnt really fairly judged when i applied to the COE when i applied earlier. so do i take these courses? and it says mainting above a 2.8 if i receive a 3.4 or 3.5 is it likely for me to get into the dept? because I AM strong in math and sciences, and probably will recieve a 5 on the ap calc test.</p>

<p>If you were not accepted into the College of Engineering, I don't think you will be able to take the First-Year Engineering Program. The College of Technology is a different college within the University: they admit by College. You might want to put this question to someone in the College of Technology or the Admissions Office and see what they say.</p>

<p>Moootmom is right. Your best bet might be to go undecided and enroll in as many of the required first year engineering classes you can get into, like chem, calc, english and com. Then you may be able to CODO your second semester. The only problem is that you will be at least a semester behind. That said, however, you will be taking off semester classes, which are usually easier.</p>