"You are being considered for the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan."

So I got three options of either going for Galveston, McAllen, or TEAB, and I decided to go with TEAB. and I got the message above. Does this mean that I can still be rejected from TEAB as well?

@hopefulbutunsure nope. You are in. It just takes a couple of days to get the paperwork through Blinn. Its a technicality but TAMU can’t offer you admission to Blinn. Only Blinn can. Once the paperwork gets pushed through all will be fine.

@trinley Okay, thank you very much! I was quite worried that I could have been rejected. Also lets say I get rejected from Blinn then, what happens then? I don’t expect to be rejected from them, but I’d just like to be ready just in case.

@hopefulbutunsure Are you breathing? if so, you will get admitted to Blinn. I understand your anxiety but it is just a technicality. Blinn is a separate educational institution. TAMU legally can’t offer you admission there. Only Blinn can. Give them a day or two to get the paperwork done. Congratulations on being admitted to a top 15 engineering program. Get ready to study. A lot… My son spent 15 hours studying for his last Calc 2 test.

@trinley and @hopefulbutunsure Blinn Does NOT accept you to TEAB or TEAM. Yes it’s a separate institution but it is all handled through TAMU admissions. This comes directly from an admissions advisor of 20 plus years and is a friend of mine. I too thought Blinn had to do the accepting and she said absolutely not. They have nothing to do with TEAB or TEAM admissions. And while the button to click yes seems like it is a sure thing, it is not just a technicality. If the slots fill up before someone decides, they will not be accepted. IF you click yes pretty quickly, then, yes, you will most likely be accepted into the program. It’s really for those that wait around until the deadline of May that should worry.

And Blinn as a CC does not reject anyone. If you meet the basic high school requirements and have taken either SAT or ACT (regardless of score) you can enroll. Again, separate than TEAM or TEAB

Yes, Blinn does not make the offer to TEAM or TEAB but you still have to have the paperwork to be “accepted” to Blinn so you can register and pay your tuition, fees. That was the point I was trying to make to those that are panicked by not having everything instantaneously completed.

Okay but not really how it was stated. Blinn is irrelevant, they don’t accept you is what I was trying to point out. i.e. blinn doesn’t get anything until after TAMU gives you those golden 6 tabs. Then they forward your application information for their records. You’ll then submit HS and any college transcript. Registration for classes will be at the TAMU NSC. You’ll register for both Blinn and TAMU classes at that time.

I think the confusion is that those offered engineering academyat Blin Bryan don’t get the 6 tabs until the applicant accepts the TEAB offer and must wait for A&M to send the information to Blinn so that they can processes the admissions information into their system. Only then does TEAB applicant gets their tabs and only then can apply for housing.