Young Arts 2022-2023

This thread is created to share information about Young Arts competition decisions as finalist notification calls begin November 15th, 2022.

Please list your discipline, geographic area, notification date and how you received your decision.

Thank you all and good luck!

9 Likes

I think this thread isn’t showing up because there is a space on either side of the dash?

3 Likes

Thank you! Edited!

1 Like

Does anyone know if the round indicated on the portal means anything? My anxiety is going crazy lol

I don’t think it really means much, but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

what does yours say?

it depends on what it says I think

did anyone get a call yet?

mine says “Application and Eligibility Review”

1 Like

I read from a previous thread that YoungArts doesn’t update that…

1 Like

I heard that too

No calls yet? It is insane the amount of anxiety this causes. I wish they’d just mass email everyone at once with their result, good or bad.

2 Likes

i feel like they will contact finalists later in the day, based on past years. but i’m not sure. I totally agree with you, they should totally just send an email

3 Likes

I think Young arts in the title of this thread needs to be YoungArts since they write it as one word.

3 Likes

I agree, but I don’t have an edit option now. I will explore what could be done though. Thank you!

1 Like

what does it mean? so all finalists will be notified today? what about honorable mention? those will come later?

2 Likes

finalists are notified first like you said, but I don’t think they will all necessarily be contacted in one day (I could be wrong). ive heard that finalist notifications stop at thanksgiving, but im not sure what they will do this year. yes, hm and merit will come later. the notifications are usually staggered based on award level

1 Like

thank you!!! I wish they just send out notifications all at once!!

3 Likes

me too!

1 Like

Last year it took several days for all of the finalists to be notified, the other levels took multiple weeks and were notified in email

2 Likes