Young Arts 2022-2023

Thanks for sharing the information! Anyone heard about film finalists? It is a small category

1 Like

Are they done with theater, Iā€™ve only seen two people get called??

1 Like

The judges/mentors do not do the calling. It is Youngarts staff.

3 Likes

My daughter got a call from YoungArts staff on Wednesday (although she missed it and didnā€™t return it until Thursday), which was followed up the next day by an email. They said the official notification would come today.

5 Likes

Official notification? As in for everyone or for just finalists?

1 Like

congrats!

2 Likes

I think her official notice as a finalist. It seems very 1:1. Like, it may follow a sequence based on your timeline of communication.

2 Likes

thank you! We were actually waiting on another very important call that day for an ED pre-screenā€¦and had completely forgotten about this!

2 Likes

So happy for you and her!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of one person on reddit getting a call but other than that no. Really hoping theyā€™re still doing calls since I also applied for film

2 Likes

!!! I really hope the visual arts finalist thing isnā€™t true :sob:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

congratulations!

2 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

My daughterā€™s friend/classmate received a finalist call for photography recently, probably yesterday night, but we donā€™t know much more than that. We are on the East coast.

3 Likes

I think I have heard of a photography finalist (or 2), but no art or design art yet. But apparently, itā€™s a very small group this year, so maybe just not on this thread.

2 Likes

so, is it just one person notifying all the finalists?

2 Likes

im not sure. id guess there are a few because they seem to have notified most finalists in the first two days

1 Like

So, just to confuse matters, the email I got back from them a couple of days ago when asking about the timeline for finalist notification was this ā€œAdjudication ends Nov 15. Contacting Finalists has just started and will continue until Dec 6th. Best, Artistic Programs Departmentā€

TBH, I think that was just a scripted response from whoever mans the info email box since Dec 6th is the end date for ALL notifications. I think from past info, itā€™s pretty clear they inform finalists first before moving on to others. But again, who knows?

i called youngarts today morning (8pst for me) and asked if finalist notifications were done yet, i spoke to two people and both said no, but what someone else said about most of it going out in 2 days and the ā€œmore timeā€ thing being an excuse seems valid so idk

1 Like