Young Arts 2022-2023

I got merit! Now I can stop obsessing over this page… Good luck everyone for next year if you’re applying again!

5 Likes

My daughter got merit. Thanks everyone here for your tremendous support in the past 3 weeks! Congrats to all winners, and best of luck to all!

4 Likes

merit as well! congrats to everyone!

3 Likes

Got honorable mention! Congratulations everyone!

2 Likes

HM & Merit winners – do y’all see the part of the email where it says “During the spring, you will be provided the chance to participate in an in-person pilot program held in Miami, FL”? Does this mean we will be invited to attend YoungArts week?

2 Likes

lol i think so!!

Yes, I see this. Youngarts week is in January, so I’m thinking this is a different program.

3 Likes

On the YoungArts website they mentioned feedback for Sophomores and Juniors who got to the “final round” but were not winners. Did anyone get this either this year or in the past?

1 Like

We didn’t get any feedback yet for this year, and as it’s our first year, I don’t know about previous years. Did anyone hear about a “pilot” spring break program in Miami?

Are HM and Merit winners generally published in a separate anthology from finalists? Or are they all together

My son didn’t apply for Young Arts this year because he had too much on his plate, but he is interested in applying next year. He’s 17 now and will be 18 until June of 2024. However, he graduates from high school this spring. My reading of the information on the website is that he would still be eligible for next year due to his age, but I’m not sure that’s accurate. Do you still have to be in high school to apply?

My s21 applied his first year of college, didnt win or place but he was allowed to enter. He turned 18 in October of his first year of college.

2 Likes

Thanks! My son will start at a conservatory in the fall. It’s good to know he can still enter

2 Likes

Yes, he can apply. My son has a couple of friends who won the awards in the past while they were freshmen in the college.

2 Likes

My son received an email about getting to the final round but not being selected as a 2021-2022 school year winner. The email included a PDF file of the comments and suggestions from the judgment for which areas that he can improve, which is very nice.

4 Likes

The only difference is that if he’s not in 12th grade he’s not eligible for nomination to the Presidential Scholar in the Arts award. Only HS seniors are able to be nominated.

1 Like