Your financial aid is available online

<p>Check your UW portal, where you saw your admission decision. Click on view financial aid, and then aid year 2009. Merit and need-based scholarships are listed.</p>

<p>nothing for me yet :/</p>

<p>subsidized stafford, 400 grant, and about 2500 aid totally uncovered.
I guess its U of M for me...</p>

<p>I got a $400 Vilas Equity Scholarship and then it says Fed Unsubsidized Stafford Loan for $3500 (I honestly have no idea what that it is.) </p>

<p>Not too great, it seems.</p>

<p>What are your EFCs if you dont mind me asking? (for the sake of comparison/ what I should expect when I get my package)</p>

<p>Matterbug - my S got the same as you.
The Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan is not based on need. Anyone who files the FAFSA will be offered this loan (unless they have drug convictions or other impediments to federal lending). All of your schools will offer you this loan. You can choose to accept it or not. The interest will accrue during your school years, but you don't have to start paying back the principal until after graduation. I don't know much more about it than that. </p>

<p>(viperm, to answer your question, our EFC is higher than the cost of attendance)</p>

<p>my EFC is 26000 if that helps.</p>

<p>^I should amend my post: if you don't have "need" according to your EFC, you will be offered an unsubsidized Stafford loan. If your EFC is lower than the cost of attendance, you may be offered a subsidized Stafford loan (in which interest is paid by the government until six months after graduation). Interest rates on both types of loans are 6.8% fixed.</p>

<p>I got the same as Matterbug.</p>

<p>Is this financial aid offer an April Fool's joke? Please tell me that it is.</p>

<p>I got the same as a lot of you. $400 grant, $3500 (subsidized for me) Stafford Loan.</p>

<p>My EFC is $13k.</p>

<p>U of M, on the other hand, gave me $7000 in scholarships.</p>

<p>which U of M? Minnesota? I'd be in complete awe if it was Michigan, lol.</p>

<p>Dude, this is the University of Wisconsin Boards. Practically the only two places in the world that DON'T mean Michigan by U of M are Wisconsin and Minnesota. ;)</p>

<p>yeah, Wisco's not big on undergraduate aid. They are a very well priced state school however.</p>

<p>Once you're in school, you can win scholarships dealing with your area of study.</p>

<p>What's the average amount in scholarships after Freshman year? Do you know?</p>

<p>mm, not sure about after freshman year. I also received the 400 scholarship. If you live in Wisconsin there is a 2,000 scholarship for being among the top kids in your class. If you list madison as your top choice for national merit, you get another scholarship. you can read about it on their financial aid site.</p>

<p>for all of you that are complaining, are you OOS?</p>

<p>think so. 10 char</p>

<p>Yeah, I'm OOS - Minnesota.</p>

<p>I did, however, receive a $1000 Engineering scholarship today, which isn't so bad. :)</p>

<p>I'm in-state, but my parents did make a lot more last year than I expected/even knew when they were filling in the FAFSA, so it's not completely unreasonable or anything. My high school is giving me some sort of scholarship for being in the top few of my class, so that's something too, and any outside scholarships if I get them.</p>

<p>Interesting that a lot of people got the same thing!</p>

<p>I can see people complaining if they aren't from Wisconsin/Minnesota, but if you are, you are getting a great education at a really good price compared to having to go out of state.</p>