Your UC Application, Immediate Response Requested 2020

Hey everyone i got an email from UC Admissions that says:

"Dear xxx,

We have received your University of California Undergraduate Application for Admission and Scholarships.
Thank you for your interest in our campus.

We are in the process of reviewing your application. Before we can complete our review and reach an
admission decision, we need the following information from you:

Please send an unofficial transcript for “My Community College”

We must receive this information within five days of this message date, or processing of your application may
be delayed or canceled.

Sincerely,
University of California

Please note: This communication and your response may be shared and reviewed by the following campuses
to which you may have applied: Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, San
Diego and Santa Cruz."

I just wanna know what it all means, as I already sent my unofficial transcript to them via email. I double-checked my UC application to see if I had messed up on the course grades portion but it all matched up with my transcript. Thank you!

They want an official sealed transcript sent directly from your CC. Comply with their request and have the transcript sent so they can continue reviewing your application. If you do not send it, then your application will be incomplete

it says unofficial transcript. not official sealed transcript lol. but i did send it to them, via the link they provided.

Always error on the side of caution so they can complete the review of your application. Sorry, misread your post about “unofficial” but hopefully they will have everything needed this time.

Is it typical for them to be reviewing transfer applications at this time? And does getting this email mean you’re a borderline applicant?

I called the UC Admissions office yesterday and they told me that it was normal for them to ask for unofficial transcripts or send out that type of email. I also called UC Davis. They do it for many different reasons, to check if you’ve put correct courses in the UC app or even for Scholarships. It doesn’t mean you’re a borderline applicant.