YYGS 2022 Discussion Thread

I don’t think a thread has been made for YYGS 2022 yet, so I made one. I am applying to YYGS 2022 early action, with financial aid.

i’m also applying ea!! it’s a reach for me but fingers crossed :slight_smile: good luck!

They announced that YYGS is going to be online. Very disappointing. My older S did YYGS summer of 2019 and it was fantastic. The best part was meeting the others IRL. As such, my younger S won’t be applying. Good luck to all of you!

yeah, the decision to have it online seemed a little odd as it really is so far in the future. of course, safety first- but they said they talked to some prospective students. i was very curious to what they meant by this. what students did they talk to…?

countdown 9 days till the decision release. Im so nervous.

1 Like

i saw today in their email that they said notifications BY december 17th…could this mean they’re starting on notifications from now and will complete them by the 17th?

I hope they would release decisions earlier. BTW, do you know the acceptance rate for the early round? I heard many waitlists in the regular round.

1 Like

not sure at all. apparently, the entire program has something like ~30% acceptance rate. don’t quote me on that- i think i just remember hearing something around that number somewhere.

1 Like

while we wait, though, how does everyone feel about it being online this year? also, what program did you apply for as your first choice?

2 Likes

decisions are out! i got accepted!

1 Like

so sad I got deferred TvT which session u apply for

Same I also got accepted!!! Which session did u apply for?? I did IST!

2 Likes

i just saw this! i was accepted into the literature, philosophy, and culture with (somehow) 100% financial aid. i wouldn’t mind answering any questions for people applying RD as i feel like my essays and writing portions were what got me in; i don’t have a crazy high GPA or anything.

there are plenty of amazing summer programs out there- and this one is online, so keep your chin up! you’ll find what is meant for you : ) if you’re into writing, check out the school of the new york times; their applications are now open.

Hey! I don’t know if you guys are still looking at this but I’m currently working on my YYGS reg decision app… Any advice on it?

I just checked CC and I’m glad I did! Here’s my advice:

1. Express your passion & be very descriptive about your interests.
  2. Speak like you know 100% you are a fantastic fit. I used a lot of “I know I would succeed in any program you put me in” type language.
  3. Make your essays personal and avoid cliches. I wrote about something deeply personal and very honest & they loved it. Try to relate it back to your interests!
  4. If you’re applying for financial aid, try saying you could maybe pay $50 or so. I did that and they covered everything- I believe it’s because they know I was just trying to get help, not “handouts”.
  5. Make everything positive! Every trait you have can be a positive one. Think too much and have horrible anxiety? Nah, you plan ahead.
  6. Be genuine with what you write.
  7. Express GENUINE interest and just let yourself gush over what you love to do.
    Good luck! I got in with all tuition covered for my first choice session.

Today is decision day!!!

anyone got the result yet???

Anyone know what time decisions were released for early decision?

Update: I got in !!

2 Likes