Why I'm Thankful for My Rejection

Nice post @ccnaf14. My daughter went through something similar. She didn’t have interest in any of the acronym schools but did have her heart set on a single sex school. She knew she wanted boarding school and did find a few coeds that she really liked but her heart was set on a single sex. She also really liked a private day school back home but Bs was her preference. When decisions were made the single sex schools WL her. She was devastated…she cried and was needed time to process it all. She was offered a spot at Solebury, offered a spot at prestigious public performing arts school and WL at the day school she liked back home. She wasn’t sure if she would really like the coed school because she really had her heart set on single sex.

She went for her visiting day and fell in love with Solebury…she felt it was a great fit. We turned down LaGuardia performing arts school…then a wrench was thrown into the mix. The day school that WL her…the one that she really liked back home, changed their mind and offered her a spot. We had just signed the contract with Solebruy and she never gave that day school’s offer a second thought. She said I’m going to love the school that loves me (that’s what I was telling her throughout this process since we needed FA and she knew it could be hard with admissions).

She just started her 2nd year and she’s so happy that she’s a Solebury. We spoke about it this summer…she said that she was happy the other schools WL and RJ her because she’s so happy where she ended up.