Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (EA) / Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Baylor University is November 1.

Any information on when Baylor early decision applicants start receiving decisions or any related information would be appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for starting this! My D23 received an invite to Distinguished Scholars Day this morning. We’re not sure what this means if anything as far as her application goes. She applied about two weeks ago.

ETA maybe I shouldn’t have replied on this thread, she applied EA, not ED

2 Likes

My D23 also received the invite to Distinguished Scholars Day today. She submitted her application one week ago. I will have her sign into her Baylor account and see what additional information is offered as soon as she is home from work.

2 Likes

I was reading from last year’s posts that Baylor didn’t start releasing ED/EA decisions until Nov. 1, while it was earlier in prior years (October, maybe even September), so we were just trying to get some idea of what others are experiencing while playing the waiting game. Our daughter completed her ED application in early August. The scholarship info is helpful too. Thank you!

2 Likes

Sounds like good news

https://www.baylor.edu/honorscollege/index.php?id=959653

3 Likes

I’m so glad to see this thread! My daughter applied EA and also recieved an invite to Distinguished Scholars Day.

3 Likes

Quick question about the application for EA? Are we required to complete the CSS profile before our application is considered complete?

I’m not sure how it works. We filled out ours though on October 2 and it still says not received on my daughter’s portal.

No, this is what it says in our daughter’s GoBaylor account:
The FAFSA and CSS Profile are separate from the Admissions process and thus are NOT required for you to be reviewed for admission. If you miss the November 1 priority deadline, you will be considered for aid based on the availability of funds.

1 Like

On another note, it looks like no one has received any ED/EA admission decisions yet. I’m guessing they will start rolling out around November 1 similar to last year.

1 Like

Ok, great thank you! I don’t have access to her portal and just wanted to make sure we weren’t missing anything.

No decision yet. Daughter applied EA on Aug 4 and received and accepted an invite to Distinguished Scholars Day. We don’t anticipate much activity until Nov.

1 Like

Has anyones child participated in Distinguished Scholars’ Day? Wondering how much more in depth it is than the basic tour… We are OOS and it is a far trip, so want to understand what is involved!

1 Like

Same here, we are out of state and plan to visit more schools once acceptances come out.

Our daughter got her acceptance notification this evening!!!. So excited after a long wait!! She applied ED on August 7. No word on merit scholarships yet. This is the only school she applied to (just like her dad) so I know she is happy and relieved.

8 Likes

Congrats! Good news to hear some acceptances going out

2 Likes

Same here. Ours has a processed date of Oct 3. I’m sure they will get them on time!

1 Like

I am taking my daughter to one on Nov. 8th and 18th and will come back and give a description! We live in state.

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Please do come back and share your experience at Distinguished Scholars.

My daughter and I were at yesterday’s Baylor football game and actually ran into her departmental admissions recruiter. We mentioned that we would be back for Distinguished Scholars. It was a quick conversation, but it sounds like your child will spend time with student ambassadors for the specific academic department, as well as administration for the dept.

I know it’s not much, but hopefully it will come into focus when Baylor provides follow up info for DSD.

2 Likes