How has College Confidential helped you or your kid or has been NOT helpful?

I’ve been here seven years. I started out on the prep school forum and have met some wonderful people both virtually and in real life. This board helped me through the BS years (still can’t type that acro without laughing at its accuracy) when our only child left home for boarding school at 14 and never really returned. When he chose the military for college, I wandered over to the (non-CC) service academy forum for insight, but those people are not my herd, so I stay here mostly for the camaraderie and to provide any help I can give or laughs I can share. I try not to beat up on the kids too much. :wink:

I keep saying it’s time to go, but then I learn about the life-changing Instant Pot, how much I need to retire (and when), which movies to watch/books to read, how to purge my house a bag at a time, and how badly dressed I am, so how can I leave this special place that enables me to get it off my chest and brag without repercussion? My kid thinks this site is full of possible serial killers and rolls his eyes every time I mention CC, but I feel pretty safe here and have no current plans to leave.

(BTW: If any of you ARE serial killers, I highly recommend the “Say it here cause you can’t say it directly- the get it off your chest thread.”)