Match Me - PA resident for English + History, PoliSci & Music. Classical vocalist spike. 3.6/33

Around post 1884 of this year’s Pitt thread, there start to be the notifications about people receiving (or not) an admission to Honors: University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread - #1889 by Gatormama, though only a couple of people share their students’ stats in that section. You could search through the thread though to find out, as I’m sure each person probably posted them earlier.

The class of 2022 actually had a separate thread for Pitt Honors: Pitt Honors Discussion and Results 2022, Class of 2026. Around post 46 is when results start to come out.

Although there weren’t many clear indications of in-state vs out-of-state, the bar seemed to be pretty high for acceptance into honors at Pitt. But there was also an indication that recognition programs seek different characteristics. For instance, in the '22 thread one person who was awarded a Stamps Scholarship at Pitt did not receive an invitation to honors.

What this means for your D’s chances at Pitt’s Honors program? No clue. Perhaps the guidance counselor knows, but I would make sure your D puts forth her best effort on the app. Several people commented that they thought their essay may have been a deciding factor in their acceptance.

5 Likes