Northeastern University 2020 EA

Hi All,

This thread is for any discussion/decisions for EA admissions this year!

The official decision date is by February 1st, but historically decisions are released earlier, likely on a Wednesday. This year it will likely be either January 15th or January 22nd, but could be any Tuesday-Thursday between January 14th to January 30th based on the past 5 years of decisions. Decisions are released in waves starting at 4PM EST.

Archive Thread: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/northeastern-university/2165725-archives-of-old-admissions-threads.html

Merit Aid, Honors, and Financial Aid

If offered, these will be on separate tabs on the admissions portal. If you do not have the tabs, you did not get them.

Financial aid should also be ready if you got all forms submitted in time, but it is not uncommon for them to require more info.

Release Times

Waves are released hourly on the hour, loosely by geography. Here are some estimated time ranges:

New England: 4-6PM EST
NY: 5-6PM EST
PA, NJ, MD, VA: 6-8PM EST
Southern States: 7-9PM EST
Midwest: 6-9PM EST
West Coast: 8-10PM EST
International: Varies

Posting Decisions

To all those posting decisions, posting the following info would be greatly helpful to people this year and especially in future years. The hope is to compile this information to give some numbers to future applicant pools. Feel free to post as much information of this as you are comfortable with.

Decision:
SAT/ACT:
GPA:
State/Country:
Major:
Did you apply for FA?:

Interpreting Decisions

Acceptances: Congrats!

Deferrals are very common for Northeastern and are not soft rejections. It has also been speculated that they may use this to test the interest of overqualified applicants who may withdraw their application for other schools. Temper expectations but do not assume it is a rejection during RD.

Denials: Know that admissions is an imperfect process and what schools you get into or attend do not define you as a person! Good luck in your other college decisions!

NU.in: More information will be released in February, but you can find a good deal of info here: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/northeastern-university/2122591-nu-in-information-and-faq-p1.html

Thanks and good luck to all!

1 Like

Thanks so much for starting this thread. Hard to believe the time is almost here. NEU is the first school I applied to bc a family friend had such a good experience there.

deleted

hi. where is everybody?

Hi guys! I’m in Rhode Island, can’t wait to hear back :smiley:

We are in NJ.

Hi! I’m from Chicago.

Las Vegas here!

Colorado here! Good luck all!

What day do u think decisions will come out?

@sborislow Read the first post!

Chicago here! And I am terrified of hearing.

in the past, how far before the decision date did they announce the day that decisions would come out?

@DrSenioritis They don’t announce until the 4PM wave the day of starts.

Anyone else get a financial aid email asking for their parents w-2 forms to be uploaded through idoc in december? is this a good sign?

@RedRancher I didn’t… uh oh :frowning: It could be that your parents didn’t submit them earlier so they’re just asking now, or it could be a good sign! I just wouldn’t get your hopes up though just in case it’s simply a formality. Hopefully it’s good though!

@RedRancher Financial aid offices and admission offices are separate. Most likely doesn’t mean anything one way or another.

I got that too I dont think it means anything though

NEU is “Need Aware”. We got a request for more documents shortly after my D sent her Common App. She mistakenly checked the box saying we wants financial aid. I called the Financial Aid office to tell them we were not requesting aid and they told me to also call Admissions to let them know.

Anyone else get this email?

"Dear XXX,

Happy New Year! We are in the midst of our Early Action review process and wanted to share a few reminders with you:

Early Action decisions will be released electronically no later than February 1.
If you have received good news from another institution and decided to enroll there, we ask that you please withdraw your application by logging in to your Application Status Check.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at xxxxxxx. Thank you again for your application to Northeastern University!

Sincerely,

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Northeastern University"

Looks like things are a’cookin!