NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

Dear Antara,

Thank you, as always, for your patience with our waitlist process. I am writing to provide you with an update.

While we hoped to be able to offer admission to more applicants currently on our waitlist, it does not look like that will be possible. Students admitted during regular decision enrolled in unprecedented numbers, so I do not anticipate admitting any additional students. I realize that this may be a disappointment to you, but want to be clear about where we currently stand at NYU to allow you to plan for next year.

Over the coming weeks we will continue to monitor if any spaces become available, but I do not anticipate that to be the case. I ask that you not send any additional statements, credentials, or letters of recommendation to our office as we are no longer processing any new credentials for applicants. If you would like to be removed from our waitlist, you may do so through your NYU Applicant Portal. Otherwise, you can expect another update on the status of our waitlist no later than July 1st.

The most difficult part of my job is not being able to invite talented students like you to join the NYU community. Wherever you choose to enroll next year, I am certain that you will find a strong community, make great memories, and enjoy academic success.

Sincerely,

Jonathan B. Williams
Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions

1 Like