RIT Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Didn’t see one so I’m starting this thread for RIT Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission. Share thoughts and questions. Looking forward to connect!

1 Like

Good morning! DS was accepted ED1 last night for Computing Exploration. Good luck to all!

1 Like

Congrats!! My son also received his acceptance last night for Computer Science. We have friends whose son attends and loves RIT. We really enjoyed our campus visit. Hoping others got good news as well last night, and good luck to all ED’s and RDs yet to hear!

1 Like

My son also got his ED decision for Computing Exploration today. Woo!
Did anyone get any financial/merit info yet?

1 Like

My son got his merit aid letter at the same time as his acceptance (you had to click on it, it was just below where you clicked to see the acceptance letter) but he didn’t get his need based letter. It said somewhere that he’d receive that by mid to late December (but perhaps it’ll really come sooner?).

Congrats to all! My son also got his merit aid letter at the same time, in a separate document.

1 Like

Weird. Maybe it’s because we applied for Tuition Exchange. There is a note that that would be decided later.

1 Like

Where was the Merit document?

We applied EA on 11/15. Congratulations to you all! We have a friend there and loves it! But I just found out that it’s not a straight flight into Rochester from CA, oops.

3 Likes

My son also applied RD 11/13. We’ve heard nothing but great things about RIT! Good luck to your student!

3 Likes

We just heard that our son got in ED for Computer Security. Also applying for TE. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

That’s wonderful! We have a friend studying that major and loves it there. Does RIT ever give merit? We’re waiting for a decision and hoping there’s some merit.

1 Like

We haven’t heard anything yet, but is RIT generous with merit?

From what I’ve read, yes, they are, but not sure how much merit they give and if it brings the cost down to in-state tuition at most states.

Per this site which aggregates data from Common Data Sets, 96% of freshmen without need receive merit aid with the average merit package being $17,264. The site was updated in November 2022 and used data from the 2021-2022 Common Data Sets.

4 Likes

Are we supposed to hear today? Dec 15? For Early Decision 1? And

He got in!! And got a merit award!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!! So exciting! My son will hear in January for RD!