San Diego State Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

I have started the Fall 2023 Transfer Thread discussion. Please post your stats once you have a decision and ask questions or discuss anything relevant to SDSU. Best of luck to all and Go Aztecs!!

Major:
GPA:
AS-T:
Pre-reqs:
Golden Four:
Local: No
Other campuses where you applied:

3 Likes

Major: Communication
GPA: 3.8
AS-T: Yes
Pre-reqs: Yes
Golden Four: Finished by this spring
Other campuses where you applied: Accepted: CSULB, Cal Poly Pomona
Waiting on decision: CSUF, UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCSB
Good luck, everybody!

3 Likes

does anyone know the timeline for transfer decisions?

Last year people started posting their admission decisions on this forum on March 22. And the year before that the posts started around March 18. The official timeline is by the end of March.

Have any transfers heard back? I’ve only heard back from CSUN and one private school, but no others.

Any word on transfers yet?

@lovinglife7: I work at a community college so know that most of my transfer students do not hear until April. They have a different acceptance timeline.

1 Like

I called Admissions today 3/17/23. She said their “plan” is to send transfer acceptances out next week, before Spring Break. ADT transfers may be a couple days after normal transfers.

4 Likes

Major: Social Sciences
GPA: 3.89
AS-T: AS-T Political Science and AA Social & Behavioral Sciences
Pre-reqs: Completed Winter 2023.
Golden Four: Completed Winter 2023.
Local: In-state, LA county.
Other campuses where you applied: Accepted: CSULB and Portland State University, OR.
Still Waiting on Decision: CSUN, UCLA, UCSD

1 Like

Have you been accepted to SDSU as a transfer student?

Congrats!! Did you find out today?

1 Like

Sorry all! I didn’t add SDSU & another uni to my awaiting decision list! No :frowning: I have not gotten any word yet from SDSU! Apologies for any false hope!!

2 Likes

Major: Political Science
GPA: 3.42
AA-T: One for Political Science and one for social & behavioral sciences
Golden Four: Yes
Other campuses applied: UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, UCSC, UCI, UCB, UCD, CSUN, CPSLO, University of Oregon, Loyola Marymount, University of San Francisco

2 Likes

You’ve been accepted as a transfer student to SDSU? Congrats!

1 Like

No word from them yet, unfortunately. I’m hoping to hear back soon!

1 Like

Major: Business Marketing
GPA: 3.1
Golden Four: Finished by this spring
Local: Yes

Other campuses where you applied:

CSUSM: Accepted
CSUF: Accepted
CSULB: Accepted
SDSU: Waiting for decision
USD: Waiting for decision

Good luck, everybody!

3 Likes

I have not heard back from SDSU but here are my stats
Major: Communications
GPA: 3.915
Golden Four: Yes
Local: Yes, San Diego County

Other campuses where you applied: Cal Poly Slo, UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, UC Berkley

3 Likes

When did you hear back from CSUN? I live right next to Northridge and still have not gotten any updates to my application! :upside_down_face:

My daughter got accepted to Northridge as a transfer on 01-27-23. It was crazy early. She has since declined because she’s going to go to CSULB or SDSU.

I got my acceptance to CSULB around that time and was hoping CSUN would send it early as well, but I’m still waiting. I wanted to compare the financial aid packages of all the schools before accepting but am kind of bummed that CSUN is taking just as long as SDSU. It was my safe choice because I am in the neighborhood.