Colleges in the 2021-2022 Academic Year & Coronavirus (Part 2)

Here is my story which is so crazy it should be a case study on vax and variants and what happens when you do the opposite of “what not to do”. My in-laws invited 19 ppl over for Easter, consisting of 7 households. I refused to go or have my 2 kids go, but my husband went over my wishes. 16 ppl there.

HH #1 - In-laws in 70’s 12 days past 2nd Pfizer = not tested but no symptoms

HH #2 - Wife & husband both 30y/o and their 4y/o. No vax. Wife felt sick Monday after Easter then very sick Tuesday (incl loss taste/smell) and tests positive. Husband tests positive Wednesday and very sick. 4 y/o gets very sick Friday including 103 degree fever yesterday (very strange/concerning) so presumed positive

HH#3 - Husband and Wife (mid 20s) and 7 week old baby. Wife was 13 days from 1st Pfizer. Husband/baby unvax. Husband tests positive and is sick severity unknown. Wife and baby not tested but no symptoms.

HH#4 - Wife and Husband (both 50y/o) and daughter (25y/o). All were 13 days post 1st Pfizer. Husband is actively receiving chemo for stage 4 colon cancer. Wife and daughter are negative. Husband is positive - cough, loss smell/taste but lungs clear, no fever and blood ox ok.

HH#5 - Husband & wife (both late 30s) not vax. Both are positive - sick, severity unknown

HH#6 - Husband & wife (both late 30s) not vax. No symptoms/not tested

HH#7 - my husband (53y/o) 11 days post J&J, twice tested negative

I believe that HH#2 wife was the spreader since she was sick first. She’s a nurse and never contracted COVID until now, even when half her floor was out sick and even after eating dinner face to face with friend who tested positive. Given that and the fact of the 4 y/o illness, I wonder if this is a variant highly transmissible and making younger ppl sick. The vaxs may have had some benefit for the negatives and less severe illness in the cancer patient.