Schools similar to Grinnell?

<p>I've a 3.9 and 2100 and typical ECs and leadership positions. Can anyone help me find schools that are similar to Grinnell? Financial aid is a concern. Thanks.</p>

<p>Grinnell is quite generous with both financial aid and merit scholarships.
Still, it's obviously necessary to have some other choices too! </p>

<p>There are many small liberal arts colleges like Grinnell out there --- so why not tell us what you particularly like about Grinnell so that we can make some more targeted recommendations for you?</p>

<p>Along with answering Carolyn's question, tell us about your academic and career interests.</p>

<p>Hey GNSUTLA I took some pictures of Grinnell College a couple days ago. (I was going to Des Moines and back to Iowa City, decided I'd cut into Grinnell City and find the college) if you'd like I can email them to you.</p>

<p>I like how it's rural and unpretentious with quirky students. </p>

<p>I plan on majoring in biology and later, going to med/grad school.</p>

<p>Grinnell happens to be my favorite LAC. I have not seen a school quite like it. But there are many of equally appleaing LACs. Any LAC will have a good Bioligy department that will open Medical school doors.</p>

<p>Bates College
Bowdoin College
Carelton College
Colby College
Davidson College
Haverford College
Wesleyan University</p>

<p>mrogre,</p>

<p>I know someone who will be attending Grinnell in the fall. Appreciate if you would e-mail me those pictures too.</p>

<p>Alrighty, thanks everyone! :)</p>

<p>Take a look at Colorado College. It has a very unique academic "block" plan, however.</p>

<p>"Grinnell is quite generous with both financial aid and merit scholarships.
Still, it's obviously necessary to have some other choices too! "</p>

<p>At a 35 ,000$ sticker price they better be generous! </p>

<p>In response to the quirky yadda yadda, join the Beard and Mustache Society! You can google it and its cached. Go to Google and type </p>

<p>Grinnell "Beard and Mustache Society" and it is the CRgazette link, it's worth a giggle.</p>

<p>My email is <a href="mailto:germanKCC@yahoo.com">germanKCC@yahoo.com</a> just put subject "Grinnell" if anyone is interested and I can send pictures out on Thursday.</p>

<p>Also, I have various pictures of Coe, Drake, Mount Mercy, and University of Iowa if anyone is interested in those, just type the college name under Subject.</p>

<p>Grinnell'ssticker price is actually lower than most private schools. </p>

<p>I would look at Haverford, Bard, Sarah Lawrence, and Swarthmore.</p>

<p>For "quirky" students, also try:
Carleton, Beloit, Earlham, Oberlin, Hendrix College, Goucher, Skidmore, Lewis & Clark, Reed.</p>

<p>Check Beloit...very similar to Grinnell, also located in the midwest, smaller town feel for sure, nice campus, comparable academics.</p>