Should I make a last minute change and save money or go with the college I already committed to and burn my money but enjoy the college experience?

@Novanoid I am a math professor teaching at a regional university. It seems that Kent State works out for you financially. Academically, it’s a well respected regional university. You’re a good student and am sure you’ll do well there. I see many students like you at my university, and they generally have good outcomes.

Having little or no debt means you will have more options . For example, you may be able to take a lower paid research position in the summer at the university and gain experience and contacts. This will help you build a resume . Also, for CS, it helps to work on projects on your own. Again, if you don’t have to work as many hours , you will have time for this sort of stuff. Dm me if you want more info.

While a residential college experience is worthwhile, the current cost structures do not make it feasible for students in your financial position.

9 Likes