The Official 2018 Freakout Thread

Let it rip!

What does this mean?

The thread is for all the angst, hopes and dreams leading up to M10. Just go with it… it’s a CC tradition. :wink:

FWIW- Below is the freakout thread from last year… so you can get a feel for it. Plus- it’s a great thread. I’m always impressed by the camaraderie and support on these threads before, during and after M10. :slight_smile: Anyway - here you go!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-cafe/1926603-m10-freakout-thread-2017-p1.html

What’s your top choices guys?

Andover! What about you?

Parents are allowed to freak out too, right? My son is applying to Blair, George School and Mercersburg, plus a local day school. He has a first choice but I’d rather not say which one.

I think his overall app is strong, but SSATs are a weakness. His scores improved in January but they are really just average due to the verbal score. He goes to a private school that has sent kids to all the schools he is applying to. We’re full pay so hopefully that has a positive impact on his application! We survived the application process so now we need to wait, argh!

Same! Go Big Blue (if I get accepted though)

@dramakid2 What’s your child SSAT? It honestly can be bad as mine (2400’s :/)

@snapchat I’d rather not post the actual score bc I already feel like I included too much info in one of my first posts on here. But suffice it to say his scores are in the same ballpark as yours. I have been told that M’berg and George do not weigh the SSATs as heavily as others, so we’ll see! Best of luck to you during this admission season!!

@dramakid2 Thank you!!

@snapchat it is refreshing to see another poster who is applying to a school or schools that are not acronym schools! Hidden Gem applicants, make your presence known and freak out with us :-h

@dramakid2 my niece is at Mercersburg and loves it. She too had lopsided SATS. Good luck! any questions pm me.

@snapchat I’m sorry but I’m confused. Isn’t 2400 the highest you can get?

I would be so lucky and grateful to get into any of the schools though!

@snapchat

Thanks @center! Lopsided is a good way to put it. I do hope schools truly look at applicants holistically and do not use scores as a first cut measure. He has excellent grades from a strong private school, although it is clear his vocabulary needs a lot of work!

Yup @ephimerally. The raw score you get is then given in percentiles so that schools can compare you to other students.

@willmo Same dude. I applied to a whole variety of schools because I will need FA.

hello hello everyone, i’ve never been good at waiting and i think i will just about faint on m10!! (or maybe the 9th, though that’d be tragic)