Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Respectfully, I won’t say JHU (or other IVY like Cornell) does Grade deflation)\

I believe it’s “more competitive” in JHU (or these colleges) so it will be tough to stand up apart than in other colleges.

I believe i told this in an earlier thread…

Example : University of Washington medical school or Stanford or Harvard ( many talking heads , data or analysis from COVID came from here). So if u do an UG there , the chance of you topping UG at 4 GPA is very tough as you are competing with 100+ smart kids.

In real world, you can call this as Jack Welch (GE) Grading system… i.e 20-70-10 system (google) i.e. only 20 of 100 will get A+ so your competition is tough.
That’s the same problem with JHU or other IVYs or reputed schools if u want to do UG.

**But IMO, if you are in JHU , then they think you are good so you got to excel **

There are many threads (and google) but here is one too…
Grade Deflation at Schools like Johns Hopkins for different majors - Colleges and Universities A-Z / Johns Hopkins University - College Confidential Forums

One of our family friends son went to IVY (but he is in Wall street finance) and he said the same… it’s big lake and there are bigger fishes like you. LOL :slight_smile:

2 Likes