University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

With the Early Action deadline having passed for the Fall 2023 admissions, I wanted to start a thread to share information and questions about the early application process.

6 Likes

I missed UT Early Action deadline. I am trying to complete it for the Regular Decision deadline.

3 Likes

Thank you! We are eagerly awaiting December decisions!

5 Likes

Good luck in your December decision! I need to wait until Mid-February for my regular decision application.

1 Like

Good luck to you as well!

Thank you! Please share with us when you receive the good news.

1 Like

Anyone have experience with how Tennessee releases decisions and timing? Thanks!

2 Likes

Appears last year they were the evening of the 15th

5 Likes

Good luck to all! My D23 can barely stand the waiting.

5 Likes

My daughter and I are waiting nervously. She doesn’t think she’ll get in. Her GPA is 3.8, did high school sports, in national honor society, sat was 1090, 570 reading, 520 math , what do you think her chances are?

My son’s school provides naviance to us and it shows the average SAT is between 1125 and 1270 so she is only slightly below the middle 50%. A 3.8 should be within range so I think her chances would depend upon the major she selected. Did she communicate with her admissions advisor? It sounds like they also have some say in the process, unless you are applying to the school of Architecture, and can help.

2 Likes

DS has similar stats. We went all in for this app as it is his first choice and his SATs are a little lower than avg. GPA 4.1 W, 11 honors classes, 1st quarter grades were straight As, 590 Math, 460 Reading. Private College Prep HS. Great ECs, Essays, Work Experience, Community Service. Applied for volunteer program. Business Major. Have been in contact with admissions advisor. Fingers and toes crossed for acceptance.

1 Like

My D23 has a 4.2W, 33 ACT, Poms captain, 100+ volunteer hours. She qualified to apply for the Honors program so hoping that’s a good sign but at this point, who knows? Good luck to everyone. We loved UTK.

Does anyone know what the middle 50% is for ACT?

1 Like

Looking at my son’s naviance statistics. It says 25-31 for the middle 50% ACT. Though our school statistics show 21 - 27.25 for the middle 50% of admitted students from our school. We are out of state and most kids take the SAT where we are. I’m not sure if that explains the discrepancy.

1 Like

Thank you for looking it up! We are OOS as well. Most here take the ACT. We don’t know anyone from our school that has gone to Tennessee…. but my DD visited it and loved it!

1 Like

Does anyone know if merit awards accompany acceptances? What about honor college decisions? TIA!

It is my understanding the merit awards accompany the acceptances. (Volunteer, Explore, etc.) I heard the departmental awards are more likely spring time frame. I think they also have until June to try to increase their scores for the merit awards.

4 Likes

My child maybe wants to change the 1st choice major we put in on app. It’s one of the “selective” majors. She is doing an internship and really likes what she doing which is making her rethink.

The second choice we put down was not one of the special “selective” majors.

With EA coming up, should we reach out to admissions and change or just let it be?

Tenn is my child’s top choice school.
We are concerned because she put the harder major as the first choice, and scared she might get rejected because of this.

Any thoughts or recommendations on what to do?

Since EA decisions are close, I would wait and see what happens. If she is Deferred, I would consider switching then. What is her current major?

2 Likes