19 kids and 2 adults dead at elementary school in Texas

Concerning firearms the current limit is definitely modern military firearms.

(Editing to clarify, citizens are unable to own modern military firearms).

Ummmm
all the regulations legislated after those incidents did deter/prevent/catch similar tragedies. I am a law abiding citizen with a constitutional right to privacy who surrenders that right every time I get on a plane.

Weren’t most mass murderers law abiding citizens before they mowed down their victims?

5 Likes

Loading them?

Does it say FIREarms? People had arms for centuries before the Musketeers - so let a future supreme court reaffirm that they can indeed “bear arms”, just not the shooting kind.

2 Likes

Ok, so it’s fine if “law-abiding” people own tanks, military drones, tactical nuclear weapons, etc, all of which are “modern military firearms”?

2 Likes

don’t forget grenades. Why can’t I own grenades?

2 Likes

I’m sorry if you misinterpreted. I said/meant the limit was not being able to own modem military firearms.

1 Like

Seriously, @scubasue, don’t violate our Second Amendment rights to own land mines, torpedoes, etc. (seriously looking for the sarcasm emojis!)

How dare you!? (more sarcasm emojis!)

2 Likes

I didn’t misinterpret!

2 Likes

Powerful message here

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/33978954?fbclid=IwAR3kZmZtMuBxe1RZOC6oBzsZhMdg94hhHG0HFrg9w3UNaqOKAjizqV3MEe0

9 Likes

This, and that the belief by gun rights advocates that owning a gun will secure one’s security and liberty. As a long-term American expat in Europe, I find it is the absence of guns that gives me a greater sense of security and liberty.

Sadly, I have little confidence that the US will pass sensible gun control laws any time soon (this is the country where millions have chosen not to get a life-saving vaccine and hundreds of thousands have died in the name of “freedom”). I very much hope to be proven wrong.

17 Likes

As a Catholic, I do pray, but when it comes to something we have control over, there is no need for “prayers.” That is just abandoning responsibility.

9 Likes

I live in TX and most everyone I know owns guns and they all agree that there is no reason for assault rifles. If you want to hunt or Target shoot, they can be rented from a facility and then returned and locked when you are done.

Also, why can an 18 yr old by a weapon but not beer? This country is sick.

11 Likes

Unsurprisingly, lots of flags here. This thread is headed in the wrong direction. I’m going to close it for clean up, and it might be reopened.

I’m disgusted by this event. We can all agree that this is a truly senseless and avoidable tragedy and that action needs to be taken.

6 Likes