2014 Transfers - Be Aware Math Department Has Made Changes in Courses Impacting Transfer Credit

<p>I just received my Transfer Course Evaluation and will be receiving credit for math courses that are not the same as listed in the course equivalency database. For example what I thought would be credit for MATH 1205/1206 is now 1225/1226. Sent an email to the registrar and received the following:</p>

<p>"The Department of Mathematics has made significant realignment of course content in their lower division math courses. This realignment has resulted in the creation of new courses and phasing out of current courses. These changes have recently been finalized and will be reflected in the 2014-2015 course catalog. Your transfer credit has been awarded based on the new series of math classes; so many courses may appear differently than published in the VCCS transfer guide, course equivalency database for specific institutions, and major checksheets. All MATH credits have been awarded based on direction and recommendation from the MATH department. Please direct all questions and concerns regarding the MATH credit you have been awarded to your Academic Advisor."</p>