4 Cs and 10 B's

<p>I’m going into my junior year now and out of the 31 units worth of classes (I’m counting taking English for a full year as 2 units and so on) I have received 4 Cs and 10 Bs… How would admission officers view this? </p>

<ul>
<li>by the way, I received 3 of those Cs and 7 of those Cs during my Sophomore year when I was dealing with being a passenger in a car accident (not fatal, but it took down a street lamp and went into a bank), my grandfather dying within a week of my mother’s ten years of passing, and loosing an ovary due to problems with my hormone levels, and finding out that im anemic, and On top of that ive been taking care of my grandmother who has severe dementia. I know that colleges are somewhat understanding if you explain why your grades plummeted one year, but I feel like all the reasons that held me back from doing my best seem small, even though there is a lot of not so good things that happened to me within the last year.</li>
</ul>

<p>*Also, I do know that UCs don’t ook at freshmen year grades, I thought to add it in anyway just in case. My projected UC GPA is currently a 3.2, but I plan to raise it up to a 3.73</p>

<p>Clearly you have been through a lot which is considered by UCs and most privates. That said, even with a 3.7 UC GPA and solid test scores, you’ll have a tough time getting into most of the UCs.</p>

<p>You would be a good candidate for most programs at most CSUs. </p>

<p>For your Junior year, try to have some fun, you’ve certainly earned it. Be a kid while you can. Do your best on your coursework and the SAT. I have no doubt you will find yourself a viable candidate for a number of good schools.</p>

<p>It depends on the UC. I graduated in 2012 with a 3.2 UC GPA and got into UCSC. Then again, my test scores were quite high (not CC level, but in the top 5%) and I did quite a few ECs. You might be a viable candidate for Santa Cruz, Riverside, and Merced, and you’d certainly be competitive at most of the CSUs other than San Diego and SLO.</p>