86% increase in applicants

wow!

https://now.humboldt.edu/news/cal-poly-humboldt-applications-increase

6 Likes

I wonder which is the most popular new major: software engineering, mechanical engineering, or cannabis studies?

1 Like

You can double major, so why choose only one?

Aside from being probably one of the prettiest CSU’s (surrounded by redwood forests), it will always hold a special place for me as the very first acceptance D23 got, just a week after applying! All joking aside, their fisheries program is top notch (not her area of interest though).

She likely won’t attend, but has friends there who love it. Glad to see the new designation means it’s gaining popularity!

3 Likes

I once attended a conference there, in the late 1990s. It was stunning. The only issue was getting there. The only planes that flew there were small enough that some attendees had luggage left behind, because there wasn’t enough space for the luggage and the carry-ons that could not fit in the overhead bins, and because United Airlines.

I’m happy that changing the designation of a Cal Poly has increased applications, and I hope it increases enrollment as well. For the past few years, applications and enrollment have been plummeting.

5 Likes