A-Day Game Weekend Schedule

<p>I started a new thread because the other one was mostly about the statue…</p>

<p>**
Welcome to the 2011 A-Day Kickoff on the Quad!**</p>

<p>**Come experience Kickoff on the Quad, UA’s “official tailgate party.” Kickoff on the Quad begins at 11:00 a.m. on April 16th, 2011.</p>

<p>Kickoff on the Quad festivities include a variety of food vendors, merchandise vendors and activities for the kids.**</p>

<p>Tailgating is an important part of every football season, and in Tuscaloosa it’s especially important on the Quad. By following these guidelines, you will help to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience. With your help, we will be able to preserve the natural beauty of the Quad for all future generations of Crimson faithful.</p>

<p>Remember, Friday is a regular academic day at the University of Alabama, and classes are still in session until 6:00pm. Please refrain from taping off or setting up tailgate sites in areas off the Quad until Friday. Stakes may damage the irrigations systems, and tape and rope may damage the trees, bushes, and plant material. These items will be removed by Gameday officials before Friday.</p>

<p>Please note: Any UA group that wants to have a planned tailgating or Gameday event that requires a tent larger than 10’ x 10’ or a secured space must fill out a UA Grounds Use Permit - [Grounds</a> Use Permit Coordination](<a href=“http://www.uafacilities.ua.edu/grounds/pages/grounds-use-permit.htm]Grounds”>http://www.uafacilities.ua.edu/grounds/pages/grounds-use-permit.htm)</p>

<p>No tents larger than 20’ x 30’ will be allowed on the Quad.</p>

<p>No corporate signage will be allowed to be displayed outside tents.</p>

<p>Due to Crimson Tide Sports Marketing moving their game day activities closer to the stadium, the East side of the Quad is now open to public tailgating. Please take advantage of this space and the close proximity to the various food vendors & kid’s area along 6th Ave. In addition to the new tailgating area, there will be an enhanced power supply provided on the East side of the Quad to support the additional fans.</p>

<p>A-Day Weekend Schedule of Events</p>

<pre><code> * Thursday, April 14
o 6:30 pm – Baseball vs. Tennessee

• Friday, April 15
    o 6:30 pm – Baseball vs. Tennessee
    o 6:30 pm – Softball vs. Mississippi St.
    o 7:00 pm – Women’s Soccer vs. Samford
    o 7:30 pm – Sugarland Concert with special guest Little Big Town and Matt Nathanson at Tuscaloosa Amphitheater

• Saturday, April 16
    o 10:30 am – Wheel Chair Basketball Exhibition on 9th Ave. by the Quad
    o 11:00 am – Gates open to Bryant-Denny Stadium
    o 11:00 am – Kickoff on the Quad
    o 12:00 pm – Flag Football game at Bryant-Denny Stadium
    o 12:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
    o 12:15 pm – Walk of Fame Ceremony at Denny Chimes
    o 12:45 pm – Unveiling of Nick Saban statue
    o** 2:05 pm – A-Day Kickoff**
    o 4:00 pm – Softball vs. Mississippi St.
    o 4:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
    o 5:00 pm – Baseball vs. Tennessee
    o 5:00 pm – Women’s Tennis vs Auburn
    o 6:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
    o 8:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building

• Sunday, April 17
    o 1:30 pm – Softball vs. Mississippi St.
    </code></pre>

<p>Supe Store Hours
Saturday April 16, 2011</p>

<p>Ferguson center - 9am to 2pm
Tenton Quad - 9am to 1pm
Bryant Museum - 8am to 5pm</p>

<p>BTW, they will show the unveiling of the Coach Saban statue live on the Bryant Denny Jumbotrons for anyone who wants to get in there early and get a good seat.</p>

<p>Also for those of us not fortunate enough to be able to be there in person. The game will be shown live on ESPNU at 3pm eastern (2 central, 1 mountain, 12 pacific, and <once again=“”> not sure of Malanai time :-)</once></p>

<p>Just set up my DVR for the A-Day game and noticed that they are rebroadcasting the 2010 National Championship Game against Texas right after. So it will be a full Saturday of Bama football. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>There’s actually a one hour show before the game as well that takes a look at the current squad as they go through spring practice.</p>

<p>azcpamom: I have that game DVR’ed and I’ll bet I watch it at least once a month if not more. I also have a DVD of the 1992 National Championship game against Miami that I watch almost as frequently. Not sure which play I like best. George Teague stripping Lamar Thomas in 1992 or Eryk Anders’ hit on Gilbert resulting in a fumble recovery and subsequent TD that sealed the game against Texas :-)</p>

<p>^^Oh, I will go back and tape that pregame program also. Is this kind of coverage typical for Bama’s A-Day? Do other colleges get covered?</p>

<p>Here’s hoping that you have to expand the memory on your DVD this year! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>One of the ESPN networks has televised our A-Day game for the last 3 years. Last year there was also a week long show of “Inside the Crimson Tide” which showed clips of practices and team meetings as well as analysis by a few talking heads. It was heaven for a Bama fanatic like myself :-). I think that aired in the summer though.</p>

<p>There are a few other schools (LSU, Oklahoma, UGA, FSU) who will have their spring game televised. The Branch Bovinians at that cow college across the state aren’t one of them though. Maybe they can get Animal Planet on Discovery to do their game next spring :-)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>* Is this kind of coverage typical for Bama’s A-Day? Do other colleges get covered?</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Most do not get covered. </p>

<p>It is kind of funny that Bama’s Spring game is being televised, while the defending national champion team is not. The fact that ESPN chose Bama over Auburn was big news around here. Kind of funny…last year, Bama was the defending national champion, so it got tons of attention…this year Bama is a likely national champion and is still getting the attention. LOL</p>

<p>BTW, tickets for the Sugarland show are $20 for students, versus $60 or $70 for everyone else. TBH, I dislike/hate country music, but there are certainly those who’d want to go.</p>

<p>So that would be 9:00 a.m. Hawaii time - aka malanai time :)</p>

<p>Where has Malanai been lately? We hope he’s ok.</p>