A Joke on my UC College Activities List?

Hello,

My friends and I just randomly got the idea of putting this joke on my UC application activity list, but I wanted to ask if it was completely stupid or not.

The idea was to add an award/honor called “Birth Certificate”, and write a little funny story in the “how I got my award” about causing my mother immense pain yet happiness at the same time, a quite difficult task. It would be a tiny excerpt that could bring some personality into it haha.

Would this actually be funny, or would it make me look immature?

Thanks!

The purpose of a college application is to show how you fit what a college wants, and every item on it should help convince adcoms to admit you. If this fake EC did that, why aren’t all your friends adding similar items to their college applications?

If you want colleges to take your application seriously, maybe you should too. College applications aren’t meant to be group projects.

The latter. It’s not even mildly amusing.

@austinmshauri
well it’s not a group perject, it was just an idea that I came up with that my friends thought would work. I guess the question was poorly worded.

I get that every item shouold show more about me, and so do you think this wouldn’t reveal anything positive about me? like humor, etc

ridiculous

The answer won’t change. Bad idea.

Concur with the rest of the posters. List a meaningful activity or nothing at all. If you want to show humor, have that side of you reflected in one if your Personal insight essays.

You’re applying to college. Never leave AOs scratching their heads, wondering if you think, if you can focus on the task.

This idea doesn’t even make sense.

1 Like

The activities/honors lists are not a place for a joke. I think the only places that humor fits in an application is in essays (and even that you need to be VERY careful and make sure it really fits your essay and the prompt and isn’t immature or offensive).

I’m with the consensus above- not funny.

hopefully you haven’t hit Submit yet.

@NCalRent Luckily they can’t. The filing period is November 1 -30.

Putting that joke would make your application a joke in the eyes of admissions officers.