Academic support at Kenyon

What academic support is available at Kenyon beyond peer tutoring and office hours? Have students felt supported or is it extremely rigorous and harsh grading similar to Carleton?

@Motherprof or @kbm770 might have some insight

1 Like

Is Carleton’s grading harsh? I’ve heard lots about the intensity of the trimester system (three sprints a year), but I’ve also heard that the faculty are beyond supportive … Would like more info on this if anyone has it!!

I think students feel supported. My daughter (a junior) hasn’t needed any special support, but professors are very proactive and encouraging. Some are pretty strict, some are less so.

1 Like

Our D hasn’t needed any specialized support, but she has found that her professors are incredibly encouraging and go out of their way to help students. One of the reasons our D chose Kenyon was because while it is academically rigorous, students are able to find time to relax and have fun. I can’t speak to Carleton specifically, but I do think some other LACs (and some majors within those schools) have an overall more intense vibe.

1 Like

Thanks. What is your daughter’s major? Also OK if you prefer to PM that info for confidentiality reasons.

My Kenyon student hasn’t needed any specialized support, but she has found that her professors and administrators always put their care for her as a person first. I can’t count the number of times she was told to take care of herself and not worry about falling behind, etc.

2 Likes