Acceptances for Fall 2017

For those who did early auditions, has anyone received notice of admission yet??

I’ve heard Dec 6th is notification date from someone who auditioned this fall.

This is what I was told as well.

My D was accepted into the MT program!

Congrats @DrowsyChaperone!!! Awww Jackets!! Welcome to the BW Family! Let me, or @artskids or @IfYouOnlyKnew know if you have any questions about the program - I have a Junior D in the program - @artskids has a Junior S, and @IfYouOnlyKnew has a Freshman S.

Congrats @DrowsyChaperone!!! My S is a freshman BWMT, I’d be happy to chime in as well! GO BWMT!

Any info on how many got early acceptance?

Yes 1 girl and 2 boys who did the summer music theatre overtures, then 4 boys and 5 girls. Total 10.

How many do they take total? That doesn’t leave much for all the other days

They aim for a class size around 20 - but not all accept the offers extended - so they extend more offers than 20. I haven’t heard the numbers thus far - so I’m not sure where @DrowsyChaperone is gleaning the info on offers out - but never underestimate the investigative powers of an MT mom during their kid’s audition year! LOL

@kategrizz I’m not sure how many they take in total, but my investigative work was easy! My daughter is in a group message with the kids accepted from early admission, so she just told me how many girls/boys were in her group, which is 10. And 3 of them (including her) were from MTO.
:slight_smile:

@LifeIsAMusical I pm’d you

We were told at auditions last weekend that they had only admitted 2 girls and 2 boys so far for MT. Is it possible that the 10 mentioned above includes Acting or Waitlisted students? Just curious.

No it is for sure admitted MT students and there is 10. My daughter is one of them and has been group chatting with them all. I did learn that one girl declined admission, but another girl (whom I know) has since been taken off the waitlist and admitted.

My S auditioned today…2/19…and parents were told that 4 positions were filled, they would take up to 20. Wondering if some of these 10 mentioned above include just acting and not MT?

My D auditioned today as well. My understanding was that 4 students had already committed and that there were others from the early admission phase that were offered a spot (admitted) but have not yet committed. So I think 10 students were admitted for MT, 4 of those already decided to attend and 6 are still thinking about it.

Well – I just had her check her group, and it’s now 9 boys and 8 girls (total 17) that have officially been accepted into the Musical Theatre program at Baldwin Wallace. These are all confirmed acceptances, all to MT and none to acting. (The group is called BW-MT 2021)

That said, my D is only aware of 3-4 in that group who have officially committed to the program. Perhaps that’s what they meant by positions filled?

So is it not worth going to a late udition then? My d is going this weekend … sigh

It’s definitely worth it! My D, though accepted, is still auditioning and hasn’t made her decision, as have 13 others on that list! :slight_smile:

@ theaterwork I have said here multiple times, my S did not start auditioning until Unifieds and he was at the next to last BW audition and the last audition at another school. He was accepted at both. He had choices on where to attend. He chose BW, but he had 5 other options. The idea that auditioning late works against you was probably started by someone upset they didn’t get into their school of choice on last date. My S is at a school that is popular in my area and I’ve heard a plethora of reasons on why someone wasn’t accepted and why he was. None of them kind and usually dismissive of my S’s talent. I spend too much time dispelling these horrible rumors started by parents upset about their child’s results. (Not suggesting this is you, just suggesting this is how rumor probably started that you shouldn’t audition late). BW is great day, you will enjoy.

BTW, my S represented the MT dept on the student panel at some auditions, so maybe you or some who have already auditioned will/have heard him speak. He loves talking to the parents.