Accepted to IC theater and Drew theater

My daughter has been accepted to Ithaca acting which I love but the financial aid package does not compare with the full scholarship she has been offered at Drew. We live very far!!! And flying to IC is twice as expensive than to Drew, plus proximity to NYC is very tempting to my daughter. I want the best opportunities for her and will make the financial sacrifices needed. I welcome any information that could help us make the best decision. Thanks!!!

@bissou has a daughter at Drew who is very happy- I’m sure she could give you more information

Ithaca’s acting program is truly phenomenal…my D is a MT major there, but the MT and Acting kids are totally integrated. All the BFA kids must audition for all the musicals and the plays. They take dance and acting classes together. They go to London for a semester in junior year to submerge them in Shakespeare, stage combat, West End shows, etc. They learn a ton about dialects and regionalisms…they are rigorously judged on acting every semester for the first 4 semesters. Their new Chair (Catherine Weidner) is from De Paul and she is AMAZING. I cannot say enough good things about Ithaca’s acting program…@prodesse’s son is in the Acting program there and could probably answer any questions you have, but b/c it is so closely tied with the MT program, I felt like I could answer you. Two kids who graduated last May are already on Broadway…you will get what you pay for at Ithaca, IMHO.

@monkey13 Thanks for that. I just read it for the first time today. My daughter fell in Love with Ithaca when we visited last weekend during accepted students weekend! As a parent it is always good to hear what veteran parents have to say.