Accepted

<p>got mine on the 24th (even though they said it wouldnt come that early) but yay now I am happy (I was early action).....finally paying off too bad im probably going to go to vassar</p>

<p>Congratulations! Even if you’re probably going somewhere else!</p>

<p>TO seanmac93, Which state or country do you live in? Because I haven’t received it yet.</p>

<p>yeah, where do you live? i’m in VA and haven’t gotten mine. but maybe thats cos they don’t mail stuff/deliver stuff on christmas.</p>

<p>I got mine in California</p>

<p>i live in texas</p>

<p>oh one question…is it normal to get a hand writen note in your acceptance saying how great your essay was???</p>

<p>I find it unlikely that it is! What did you write it on?</p>

<p>Yes, it appears that everyone gets a personal message/note, I think it’s quite a nice touch.</p>

<p>The note to my S commented on his Common App essay and his plan for a Block course. His CA essay was pretty funny, so the note talked about that.</p>

<p>Pretty sure everyone gets one. That’s probably why it takes them a bit longer than many other schools to send out decisions.</p>

<p>Accepted - Texas arrived Saturday. Put under the tree for 24 hours before opened. First choice, so very very happy!</p>

<p>Accepted today with a leadership scholarship and a very sweet handwritten note :slight_smile: Congratulations to everyone!</p>

<p>i dont feel special anymore =( oh well anyways this is probably where ill end up going if i dont get into vassar but im happy i got in (i would probably end up at Texas A&M if i hadnt)</p>

<p>Does anyone know when CC sends out notification of merit scholarships?</p>

<p>I got a Leadership scholarship as a certificate and some papers calculating the overall financial aid (based on the scholarship + css information) in the yellow folder.</p>

<p>For those who got accepted EA/ED: did anyone get need-based grants? I calculated that even with the CC leadership scholarship ($10,000/yr) and student employment, I’m looking at about $34,000/yr… which I can not afford. Just wondering if the need-based grants get sent later?</p>

<p>Acceptance packet included a letter from FA. It broke the money down into Leadership Scholarship, Grants and Scholarships, and Loans. Other than the leadership scholarship, all the rest is estimated. Final numbers are based on FAFSA info.</p>

<p>Does CC give merit aid?</p>

<p>Athletic Scholarships Only women’s soccer and Men’s ice hockey</p>

<p>Barnes Scholarships. Natural Sciences-special application must be submitted</p>

<p>Boettcher Scholarships. For Colorado residents only. Special application</p>

<p>National Merit Scholarships </p>

<p>The following do not require a separate application. They’re chosen by the college based on the regular application.</p>

<p>Leadership Scholarships The college awards a very limited number of four-year $40,000 scholarships, in increments of $5,000 per semester, to excellent students.</p>

<p>Trustee Scholarships The college awards a very limited number of four-year $28,000 scholarships, in increments of $3,500 per semester, to excellent students.</p>

<p>Presidential Scholarships The college awards a very limited number of four-year $20,000 scholarships, in increments of $2,500 per semester, to excellent students. </p>

<p>Here’s the link:</p>

<p>[Scholarships</a> ? Colorado College](<a href=“http://www.coloradocollege.edu/admission/financialaid/scholarships/]Scholarships”>Scholarships - Colorado College)</p>

<p>I applied early action to CC and was told that I would hear by Jan 1st…It still hasnt come.
Has anyone else in New England not gotten a letter?
FREAKING OUT</p>