Accidentally filled out section on VT App?

<p>I accidentally filled out a section on my app to Virginia Tech. There is in-state tuition qualifications, and in fine print it says</p>

<p>"If the applicant will be under age 24 on the first day of classes, is not a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or active duty military, is unmarried, was not a ward of the court until age 18, and does not have legal dependents, then the applicant should skip section B and make sure sections C and D are filled out in their entirety."</p>

<p>I filled out section B because I didn't notice this, and I cannot uncheck any of the bubbles. Should I start a new app or just leave this section filled out even though I was supposed to skip it?</p>

<p>[Application</a> Changes](<a href=“http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/appchange]Application”>http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/appchange)</p>

<p>DO NOT SUBMIT ANOTHER APPLICATION!!!</p>

<p>The website strictly says this. If you need to make a change to your application, go to that website and send an e-mail to the address it mentions on that page. They will correct the error for you.</p>

<p>Yeah, meant to say this:</p>

<p>I haven’t submitted the application, its unfinished. Should I submit it with this section filled out then e-mail them instead of making a new one? (I cannot re-use my e-mail address to make another app, I really don’t want to start a new one either)</p>

<p>If you haven’t submitted the application, you should be able to edit it. If so, you should edit it on your own. In the case that it won’t let you edit it, I would probably e-mail:</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:admiss@vt.edu”>admiss@vt.edu</a></p>

<p>And they will tell you what you should do. Just send them an e-mail like this:</p>

<p>"Hi,</p>

<p>My name is <insert name=“” here.=“”> I am filling out an application for Virginia Tech. I made a mistake on <insert section=“” here=“”>, but I haven’t submitted the application yet. The system will not let me go back and change the information. What should I do?</insert></insert></p>

<p>Thank You,</p>

<p><insert name=“”>"</insert></p>

<p>Honestly they will prob. tell you one of two things:</p>

<p>1) Submit the application and e-mail “<a href=“mailto:appchange@vt.edu”>appchange@vt.edu</a>” about the error.
2) Make a new e-mail address and redo the application.</p>

<p>I don’t think I would pay the application fee if I knew that I had made an error, so if it were me, I would just redo it.</p>

<p>If you do decide to redo it, make sure you retain the information for the e-mail address you used. VT will send you some guest account access e-mails to check your application status online. It is crucial that you check your e-mail every day for those e-mails. You only have so much time to follow the links before the e-mail expires.</p>