Advice needed about recommendation letter

Looking for folks who may have had the same experience and can offer any advice at all - my daughter is a junior and figuring out which teachers may write recommendation letters for her next year. Her closest relationship is with a foreign language teacher (which works, because she wants to pursue international relations/studies), so that would be fantastic for one of her letters. The problem is that the teacher’s writing ability in English is not fabulous. Will the writing skill of the teacher be an issue for the application reviewers? Am I worrying over nothing? Language barrier aside, what if the teacher is just not a great writer? Does anyone think about writing skill when asking teachers for recommendations or is it a non-issue? Thanks -

The teacher is not applying for admission. Her recs are not being judged on flowery use of the English language. What’s important is what she says about the kid

4 Likes

The teacher’s skill at writing recommendations can matter, as shown by the examples given in the page linked below:

Why can’t the teacher write it in her dominant language?
¿Por qué no?
Pourquoi pas?

1 Like

I cannot think of any positive outcome that would result from making this request of a teacher in a US school, which is the situation as described by OP.

For an international school, that would be a viable option with an translation accompanying.