Advice on son changing major from Engineering to Pre-Med Psych

<p>My son is thriving at Bama between OA friends he met and his roommates. He has decided that engineering however is not for him. He has decided to follow his heart and yesterday met with an adviser in pre-med and switched into psychology and spanish minor with the ultimate goal of becoming a psychiatrist. He loves his PY 101 and is aware he needs to finish strong with his existing classes. He will lose some scholarship money, but he needs to follow his heart. He was told of course that Math 125, CH 101, CHE 125, and PY 101 would meet pre-requisites. He was also told that Eng 111,131, and 151 would also help with electives. Is this correct and how?</p>

<p>He would like to take in spring ENG 103, BSC 114 & 115, PY 211, SP 353 (he has AP credits) and CH 102. Do you think Bio and Chem with labs each are too much in one semester? He would be in synch with Chem since he is taking CH 101 now and he needs to get going on Biology. He also wishes to add an honors course and/or PHL 223 Medical Ethics. Any advice?</p>

<p>I send you a PM response.</p>

<p>I don’t see how those FEP classes help with electives since those tend to be choices within one’s major, and they don’t have Core designations.</p>

<p>It’s fine to take Bio and Chem together, just make sure the rest of his schedule is balanced. Pre-meds have to get used to taking more than one lab a semester anyway.</p>