Africa...and getting there

<p>You know how it's a dream for a lot of people to travel and perform medicine in other countries, particularly third-world countries?</p>

<p>Well I want to work in Africa, as do a lot of people, but was wondering HOW, in relation to medicine. In other words, what nursing programs send nurses oversees?</p>

<p>Honestly, from what I know, if you have any medical/nursing knowledge or experience at all it’s pretty easy to find a place to work in a developing country.</p>

<p>It’s been a dream of mine for years to work in Haiti, so I’ve done a bunch of looking into it.</p>

<p>If you’re talking about study abroad…UVA has a program in South Africa.</p>

<p>The most obvious answer for working abroad after you get your degree, is Doctors Without Borders. I plan on doing that maybe in my early 30’s.</p>

<p>not not study abroad, although that is a great place to start.</p>

<p>i’m talking about post graduation when you’re all educated and ready to work.
& looking for paid positions. </p>

<p>thanks for the responses!</p>

<p>Penn Nursing has a summer program in Botswana which could lead to future work there.</p>

<p>[Botswana-UPenn</a> Partnership Home](<a href=“Home | Botswana-UPenn Partnership | Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania”>Home | Botswana-UPenn Partnership | Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania)</p>

<p>Duquesne University has a Short Term -Summer Session that goes to Africa.
I put the link here:</p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“404”&gt;404]summer-2010[/url</a>]</p>