After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@e2e and @NDTA96 just takes some digging around. Almost always the main websites/pages are kept up to date. (One example that’s not is Mays Org link-inactive groups, many new ones not added). But main pages like Admissions, ResLife, Scholarships, Student Business Services (aka SBS, which can answer just about any A&M question, earmark their page), Dining, Transportation, main College/Major specific, TEAM, PSA, 12th Man Athletics…those are kept very current/up to date.

I find ResLife page super helpful. Love that it lists the history of the namesake (TAMU is Very Big on naming rights), lists specific dates of when each dorm was built, renovated and what renos were done. Plus lists pricing, dorm style, type of bathrooms, if beds are lofted or built-in, lists Amenities and includes a Photo Gallery.

1 Like

When did “Loudest and Proudest” become a thing? I don’t remember that existing in the 80s.

If you are admitted through Gateway, can you still do Fish Week? Online it says Summer session 2 classes end August 9 and final exams are August 10&11.

2 Likes

Probably not, not Impact either (Gateway finals overlap with last Impact session). St. Mary’s Catholic Connect dates haven’t been announced yet, so that’s a possibility.
Honestly, your kid may want a slight break, before starting school Aug 24 (and Howdy Week is the week before that). They’ll make friends, learn some of the traditions-between NSC and Gateway. I wouldn’t worry about it that much (my kid didn’t care for either-Fish or Impact).

1 Like

He is auditioning for the band in two weeks. If he makes it, he will start August 10th. Sounds like he won’t have much of a break.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

If he makes the FTAB, he definitely won’t need to attend Fish Camp!

1 Like

With classes starting mid-week, any idea what move-in and Howdy Week might look like date-wise?

They have started staggering move-in, so it’s over several days. It can start at the beginning of Howdy Week and go on during Howdy Week.
Howdy Week is normally the week (4-5ish days) before classes begin. They’ll have all these dates posted at some point on the website, in Howdy portal.

3 Likes

He signed up the first available NSC the day he got accepted last month. My older kid said late June or July can be too hot and humid to walk around campus. He also loaded the sponsorship letter his company offered to Financial Aid portal the same day. The scholarship came three weeks later. I only have Howdy parents access due to my A&M senior so I am at the mercy of my this HS senior son’s cell phone screenshots showing me any updates lol…

2 Likes

We really wanted to do the first NSC but that is finals week for my daughter. Are some schools out that early? We have scheduling conflicts with almost all the dates offered. The only date we don’t have a scheduling conflict with is the last one. But at the VIZ department presentation that said while they do open classes for each NSC if you wait till the last one you will get the classes you need but you may not like your schedule or your classes. So we signed up for one in June and canceled other plans that conflicted.

1 Like

@martinezcs i definitely don’t suggest the 1st or last NSC. Too many glitches and just unorganized at the first, not a lot to choose from at the last and it’s WAY too close to Howdy Week. It’s also better to graduate/ be done with high school before attending NSC, too (that’s such a hectic time).

1 Like

I understand. I was sitting with my calendar last night trying to figure out when she can do NSC and fish camp. Architecture has limited NSC dates. We will make it work for the June NSC but we did have to cancel something else to make it work. We already had a vacation booked in July that we have postponed for 2 years due to the pandemic. She also received an invitation to apply to the MSC summer Italy trip for national scholars and that is the first two weeks of August. This is actually an affordable option because it is subsidized, brief, and zero credit unlike the VIZ department trips that are top dollar ($26K for one semester) with few and small scholarship available. This is probably her best opportunity to do a study abroad. She is going to apply. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@martinezcs sounds like an excellent opportunity!! Sure hope she gets selected!

2 Likes

D signed up for 5/25-26 for Business NSC. Are they organized by the second date?

@Mha6514 Mays is never the problem (that’ll be day 2). Day 1 is everyone together, and it’s like a cattle call. They’re still trying to work the kinks out from not having the well oiled NSC they’ve had for years, due to Covid. 2019 was the last ‘normal’ one. 2020 was total virtual, 2021 was hybrid, abbreviated, condensed.
It’ll be fine, but expect kinks.

Thanks. When does one register for class? Second or first day of the nsc? Does Mays register for all classes or just Bus 101?

1 Like

Day 1 is everyone at NSC-parents in Rudder Auditorium all day, various sessions, speakers, all things A&M. Students start out with parents, then they leave for the rest of the time. It’s information overload, but needed.
Day 2 is major specific. So Mays students go to the Wehner (Mays) building. They meet with advisors in the morning, break for lunch, then all students at NSC register at the same time after lunch.
There may or may not be parent stuff on day 2, depends on the major. We had a Business Honors parent mtg in 2019. Parents do NOT go into advising or registration.
NSC is registering for fall classes.
They will give PLENTY of schedules and info about NSC closer to the time. Just make sure to register/pay both parents, if both plan to attend.

Plano finishes school year at end of May, he picked the first available June NSC date.

1 Like

If you wait until July/August to do NSC will you be left with the early & really late classes and the ¨bad¨ professors?

Also, do you know around what month the June NSC fills up?