After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Regarding housing selection - How far back in line is someone accepted 12/3? Is this early enough to grab a NS Modular? How long is the Phase IV process from when the first students start choosing until the later acceptances get to start choosing? Is it days or weeks?

Congratulations! If I remember correctly you mentioned your son is working part time as IT in Accounting firm during pandemic and high school years. Verifiable work experience is highly regarded in TAMU (and many other colleges) even more so than any ECs. Along with succeeding in a tough school district (assume Plano ISD) that is very impressive.

TTSA is “TAMU Tuition Support Award”. It ranges from $500 to $4K a year. For in-state applicants that is very generous. You son’s skill is also highly sought after in TAMU campus (several departments literally have to fight for candidates). PM me if your son is interested to start working in TAMU in August.

6 Likes

@PlanoAggies thats great! If your son logs in to FinAid portal, and clicks on the TTSA, it should take him to a brief description. And he should receive an email about details- what the requirements are, length of award, if a thank you note or attendance at a scholarship dinner is required, etc. Don’t do anything now (like write a thank you), wait until school starts.

1 Like

@Kimvogel not a chance to grab an open room for 2 in a Northside Modular, with a December dorm deposit. There could be open beds, in a room with someone else, but that’s taking total potluck.
Dorm selection lasts several weeks.

1 Like

Thanks I just Messaged you his contact.

1 Like

Thanks will ask him to check when he is back from work

2 Likes

@PlanoAggis Congrats to him!! Glad they see the awesomeness of Plano kids! :grin: Just curious, has he registered for an NSC? As in, was this maybe a way of saying, hey, we want to entice him to enroll? Or is he already registered for NSC and they awarded the scholarship just b/c they really like him?

Yes! My son is Blinn TEAM and received his “loudest & proudest” banner yesterday 2/14. We had a lot of fun opening it up. It was a nice moment. His official acceptance was 2/01, so it took right at 2 weeks to arrive. Of course, there was an ice storm in between, which may delay some of the envelopes. I hope yours arrives very soon!

3 Likes

what about a single in hullaballo? housing deposit late october

@Ff1042 zero chance. Only *those who got the very first few days of acceptance in September-and paid their deposit asap-will get anything in Hullabaloo or Northside Modulars.
*those wanting singles, or coming in with a roommate. There’s a chance for open beds in those dorms, but that means taking a bed with someone that has already claimed the other bed.
Zero chance of finding open rooms for two (in Hullabaloo or Northside Mods) and/or snagging a single in Hullabaloo, if you didn’t pay the first few days in September.

Not encouraging, I know, but that’s why it is sooo important to be prepared! Take a 2nd dorm tour, literally list/rank every single dorm, cross off those dorms that are absolutely ‘no’.
There will be TONS of chatter on the parent pages closer to the time, with helpful tips, photos of current dorm rooms. It’s all about being prepared and flexible.

1 Like

My daughter class of 2025 was accepted in October of 2020, picked her dorm in the Spring with a roommate and was able to get a NS modular. Not her first, second, third, fourth or fifth choice mod, but a modular. Hullabaloo rooms were instantly gone on day 1.

3 Likes

@e2e, thanks for the follow-up. I had a feeling rooms would be assigned in the Engineering LLC, based on the website wording. I guess that takes the pressure off of rushing to pick out a room in Phase 4.

And while it’s good to know Aston should be fully renovated by fall, we hope that our daughter is assigned Mosher. It might not matter to your son, but Mosher (originally a girls’ dorm) has community kitchens, whereas Aston (originally a guys’ dorm) does not.

@NDTA96 according to ResLife website, Aston does have a community kitchen (listed under Amenities).

https://reslife.tamu.edu/options/halls/aston/

Not according to this rate sheet with a legend as to what each dorm has to offer

https://reslife.tamu.edu/apply/rates/

Hmmm, here’s what Aston page on ResLife website states.

Haha. Well I sure don’t remember kitchens when I lived there in the '90s!

Okay, I bet they added (or are adding) community kitchens to Aston during their renovations. They probably have some of the website updated and some parts not updated.

I actually have a Housing brochure from a few years ago (before Aston renovations). It doesn’t list Aston as having a community kitchen.

1 Like

i saw that too but if you look on the link i posted where the prices are listed, the chart of all the different dorms along with the legend of what each symbol and abbreviations mean, there no knife, plate and fork symbol next to Aston. we didn’t tour Aston when I was there this past Saturday (only Krueger and Dunn) and honestly, we zoomed through them both so quickly I barely remember what I saw.

You are correct, community kitchens have been added!

2 Likes

Good find! Mystery solved. Engineering Village has kitchens in both dorms. :+1:

2 Likes

WOW, you are GOOD :raised_hands:

3 Likes