After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

A slide?

In different majors NSCs, Gateway and Blinn NSC, the presenters always show this old (but intimidating) slide to remind students AP/DC are not as complete and vigorous

The slide is meant for fun, in reality, M151 sessions class sizes are much smaller. Only mid-terms and final tests will see several sessions gather together for test.

6 Likes

In Howdy, under “my record”, there is (or used to be) a “Credit by Examination” topic. Here your student will see all their AP scores that have been sent to Tamu, along with the corresponding tamu class the AP credit is good for. There is also a box to check if the student really wants to accept the AP credit. This is the same way credit is accepted for CLEP exams also.

2 Likes

My DS just logged on to try and register for the MPE and he didn’t see any available time slots. In fact, he didn’t see any math placement exam event to even register from. He did a search under the available events and nothing came up. Does anyone know if we are too late to sign up for this? The said online registration for fall students would be available in March and today is 3/3. Did all of the proctored time slots already get taken up? He needs to sign up for the MPE4 one but didn’t see anything under math or MPE at all. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You’ve got PLENTY of time! I doubt it has even opened up yet. My Aggie took her MPE after graduation. It just needs to be taken prior to NSC. If Engineering requires a proctored exam, they have to guarantee a time slot for every student (given the student signs up in enough time, and doesn’t wait until the day before NSC).
Howdy portal & TAMU email will give students info, timeframes, everything they to know & do.
Have you joined FB Parent pages? Major specific page?

Yes, I’ve joined everything on FB :slightly_smiling_face: On the howdy portal, the message for MPE says that schedule will be available in March but when he logged on, there was nothing to sign up for so just wanted to make sure we didn’t miss the boat for this. I know everything with TAMU is “you snooze you lose” so wanted to make sure he stays on top of things.

I’ve never heard of anyone taking MPE in March. There will be plenty of time to sign up, even proctored.
The Top of the List ‘Snooze you lose’ events are:
*Housing deposit/dorm selection
*Fish Camp registration
*Impact registration
Guaranteed to cause tears, panic and shut the system downđŸ€Ș
*football ticket pull causes lots of stress, too
but that’s once they’re students, they handle that

Look at it this way
 every student MUST take the MPE Tamu will make sure every student has a time to take it. It’s not like they will say
 nope, we’re out of spots, sorry. Hope that helps

1 Like

We’ve got the housing/dorm thing done for now and are on top of that. Not sure when fish camp registration opens up but I haven’t seen any inquiries on that on FB lately so I think we are safe for now. I’m trying to see when/how to sign up for the meal plan but can only see the different types offered but not any place to select and pay.

PLENTY of time for that, in fact, there’s a whole session on Meal Plan/Dining Services during NSC. Definitely wait, in fact, I don’t even think the option is open yet to select Meal Plan. NSC pretty much goes over everything.
Impact and Fish Camp session dates are on their websites, have your student follow their Instagram, which will tell when sign up is (usually in April).

1 Like

Fish camp/. Impact camp 
 do we have several dates to choose from and when to registrater for it?

Look at their websites and follow Instagram & FB pages. Both camps will fill up the 1st day registration opens, so be prepared. Session dates for both are already posted online.

By mid March there will be a lot more slots. Understandable as many students want to get it done during Spring Break last year.

3 Likes

Thank you

My son finally picked a NSC date
 now to find a hotel! Where would ya’ll recommend? Thanks!

@Lavalocks19 big fan of Embassy Suites! Rooms are large, super clean, afternoon Happy Hour, made-to-order breakfast and free covered parking. Whatever you do, NEVER book at the La Quinta on Texas Ave, across from campus/by Fuego and U-Haul. It is THE WORST. Neither Hampton Inn is good, either.
You are better off-IMO-booking with a chain (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt) and sticking with that chain. Accrue nights/point, book straight from the app.
Be leery of booking thru 3rd party sites (Travelocity, hotels.com, etc)-they are known to double book, drop you from your room.
A&M Conf Hotel is located directly across from Kyle Field, adjacent to MSC. It’s lovely! Can be super pricey (don’t even think about it during football season or other big events like Family Weekend). No meals included, but there is an on-site restaurant and coffee place.

1 Like

It’s expensive but I loved the TAMU Conference and Hotel Center located about 2 min (walking) from the MSC

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!!! :slight_smile: This is the fun part!

2 Likes

So many great hotels
 The George & Calvary Court are super boutique(y), close to campus and pretty new.

Most hotels on University are good. Lots of them. Hwy 6 hotels are plentiful also, and everything is close to campus. Easy to get to (little traffic).

1 Like