AI- how is your college using it?

I would love to hear what other colleges are doing with AI. I just read an article about AI at HPU with Wozniak. It talked about teach AI and keeping the balance of trust.

I do believe AI is going to be big and there are ethics with it. I would love to hear what other colleges are doing with AI- what is being taught and what programs are coming out strongest for it. Trust is the bedrock of progress for President Nido Qubein of HPU

Purdue’s commencement speech last year was about AI’s role in society and eduction.

Purdue has a new AI major as of '22, and started the first of its kind AI institute: Purdue launches nation’s first Institute for Physical AI (IPAI), recruiting 50 new faculty - Purdue University News.

There is also a task force with guidance for students as to what AI tools are acceptable to use and what would be considered plagiarism.

Dave Malan, CS 50 prof at Harvard, is allowing AI to be used in the classroom/for homework with limitations, some details here:

Stanford’s policy (defers to profs for class level policy) Generative AI Policy Guidance

A few collected college policies at these links:

Class Policies for AI Tools | Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning | Northern Illinois University

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.